Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Guru: Grand Master Array

Not a fan of modding but if you're looking for fan grills, Performance PCs has a bunch of them to choose from.

or you could try this one, he ships all over.
    its custom and he makes parts and design.

http://www.mnpctech.com/

My plan was to bolt 2 standard fan grills to the top of the case and on the inside of the case get some 120mm /140mm fan mount blanking plates and get some screws and nuts and bolt it to the case like this, grill - case (top fan mounts)- blanking plate (on the inside) to hide that grill and make it so it is air tight pretty much as I won't be using fans there. Now I just need some blanking plates and can't find any of those either.

I wouldn't call it modding though as I don't plan on cutting the case just bolting something either side of the top fan grill to hide it and seal it off.
    My New Build (Coming Soon)
    Case: No Idea, Still Deciding
    CPU: Intel Core i5 4670K
    Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Gene
    Graphics Card: Asus GTX 760 DirectCUII OC 2GB
    RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro Red
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 V2
    Solid State Drive: Samsung 840 Evo 120GB
    Hard Disk Drive: Western Digital Blue 1TB
    Power Supply Unit: Corsair HX 850W 80+ Gold
    Network Card: Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6235

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array LukeeVassallo PC Specs
    LukeeVassallo PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus V Formula
    Processori7 - 3770k
    Graphics Card #1Matrix 780ti
    Storage #1Force GT 240GB
    Power SupplyAX860
    OS 7, 8.1, 10, ubuntu

A 650W Psu will run 2 760 in sli but you will be maxing it out especially since they are overclocked, I would suggest a 750W PSU. Cpu/Mobo are good. The Ram both the vengeance and the trident X have the same chips inside. Other than that all good
    | Maximus V Formula | i7-3770k | 16Gb Dominator Platinum | GTX 780 | Force 240Gb | 2TB Caviar Green | Obsidian 650D | AX850 | H100 | 24" LED VS247H |

Quote Originally Posted by LukeeVassallo View Post
    A 650W Psu will run 2 760 in sli but you will be maxing it out especially since they are overclocked, I would suggest a 750W PSU. Cpu/Mobo are good. The Ram both the vengeance and the trident X have the same chips inside. Other than that all good
    I've decided to go with the Corsair HX+ 850W, it is the same price is as Seasonic X-Series 750W so I gain 100W for no extra cost, plus I can get this...

http://www.specialtech.co.uk/spshop/...pid-16051.html

And all I would need to do is buy 1x BitFenix Alchemy Red 24 Pin Extension Cable.

I would buy extension cables for all the other hard wired cables which are 2x 6+2 PCI-E connectors and 1x 4+4 EPS connector but with the red cable kit I can hide those Hard-Wired cables because the kit has these in red (and yes the HX+ 850 has these modular cables as standard as well) ...

1 x 4+4 Pin EPS/ATX 12V Power Processor Connector Cable
    (I'll be using 2) 4 x 6+2 Pin PCI-E Express Cables

Actually that is a point, do I have to use the Hard-Wired 4+4 Pin EPS before I use the Modular 4+4 Pin EPS cable or can I just hide the Hard-Wired one and use the Modular one instead?

I might not even go with the Sleeved Modular Cables anyway I might just use the Standard cables that come with the PSU.

I decided to go with the Corsair RAM as it is slightly cheaper and I think it looks nicer.

All I need to chose is a Case, If I was to go with the 350D I would want to do something with that Top fan Grill as it looks well, nasty, but if I do buy it I will probably buy some 140MM Fan Grills to screw to the top of the case and probably some 140MM fan mount blanking plates to make it air tight.

So yeah I was wondering, what M-ATX cases would you guys buy, I am looking for something in the £80 - £100 range, I just want it to have enough support for at least 4x 3.5" HDDs and a couple of SSDs, and a decent amount of room for cable management, be able to fit the HX+ 850 and maybe support for a H100i as a future upgrade.

I know the looks of a case are highly subjective but I personally am More of a Functionality over Aesthetics person so the exterior doesn't really matter I am just looking at a case that will support all of that.

I did buy a BitFenix Prodigy Black for my Older Brother as I built him a 10TB File Server in it so the Prodigy-M is on my list.
    Last edited by Tyranade; 08-30-2013 at 07:34 PM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Masterbobo's Avatar

I would get a bigger ssd, a 120 is just not enough imo. also if you gaming on it you ideally want to be on the hard wired Ethernet connection I wouldn't go wireless.
    Rampage IV Extreme
    55" Samsung 3D LED 1080p
    19" NEC side monitor
    4930k @ 3.9ghz (h100i)
    Dominator GT 2133mhz 16gb
    2xDomiatorGT RAM cooling fans
    OCZ Vertex 4 RAID0 2x256gb
    Silent Pro GOLD 1200
    3xGTX 770's 4GB Windforce TRI-SLI
    Sound Blaster Zx
    Logitech Z5500 digital 5.1
    2xLG 3D Blu ray burners
    Silverstone Multi USB3 card reader
    2x4terabyte WD backup sata6.0 drives
    1x1terabyte WD backup sata6.0 drive
    10 Antec tri cool 120mm fans
    Razor Deathadder mouse
    Corsair 600t
    Win7-64bit

Quote Originally Posted by Masterbobo View Post
    I would get a bigger ssd, a 120 is just not enough imo. also if you gaming on it you ideally want to be on the hard wired Ethernet connection I wouldn't go wireless.
    I don't have a choice on the WiFi and anyway I Game on WiFi currently and tbh my Pings are extremely close to my friends who is on a Hard Wired connection, I personally have not seen any benefit, from my experience Wireless N does what I want it to, and for some reason Home Plugs don't like to work in my house and my PC room is up-stairs with my Modem and Router being downstairs WiFi is my only choice and my Land Lord wont let me knock holes in the walls to run and Ethernet cable to downstairs, so I'd have to buy an Ethernet cable like over 100m long to reach my Router from my PC Room and cable clip it up tidily along the walls and still have some slack and not to mention I like to rearrange my PC Room often so I'd need a lot of slack so I am looking at some monster Ethernet cable, WiFi is cheaper and my Pings are not Noticeably higher anyway.

I could probably go up to about £140 for an SSD so which one would you guys get.

EDIT: This would be what I'd probably buy for around £140

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...04&subcat=2394

what do you guys think?

Also do I have to use the Hard-Wired 4+4 Pin EPS before I can use the Modular 4+4 Pin EPS cable or can I just hide the Hard-Wired 4+4 Pin EPS and use the Modular one instead? The PSU comes with 1 Hard Wired and 1 Modular one.

Also I would like some M-ATX case Recommendations, I outlined what I am looking for in my previous post.
    Last edited by Tyranade; 08-30-2013 at 09:53 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2