cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Maximum VI Hero Sound Volume Issue

Stoogie
Level 7
hi i purchased this board yesterday, im having problems with the sound, using windows 7 sp1 64bit.

mp3's when played in any media player will scale the volume from 0% to 100% when u select a volume % in the media player from 0%-12%, meaning changing the volume from 12% anywhere up to 100% doesnt increase it at all since it is already at the maximum.

this also happens for video(anime , youtube) however its at about a 25% max mark instead of 12%.

How do i fix this thanks
4 REPLIES 4

Stoogie
Level 7
If i have stuff playing then change to stereo its still the same, then change it back to 5.1 it works properly but when i restart it does the same issue again. . also when i get winamp fixed videos still dont work properly with the 25% max issue

Edit: it must be a ELNA problem hardware/software issue with it controlling peaks and drop offs with certain applications like in this picture off the official asus website

anyway to disable it?

Stoogie
Level 7
also another issue when a audio source is playing and another one(louder one) gets played the other one gets dimmed until its finished playing. anyway to fix this too?

fixed it, had to force close the realtek hd drivers, and uninstall with crapcleaner (freezes on windows control panel) then cleared all registry entries and startup and restarted. in otherwords to fix it is to not use it at all, sounds better without it installed anyway.

Ive tried all drivers from http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/MAXIMUS_VI_HERO/#support_Download_30

Why make a board with such terrible sound/drivers, the only way i can get the sound to work properly is to use windows drivers from 2010, realtek sounds terrible, if anything you should be using via as they dont sound horrible like realtek and they dont have these such issues. though it does sound fine with windows drivers not the realtek ones.