cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G750 USB 3.0 Ports not working with some things

FIREWORKKS
Level 7
I bought a pair of Razer Megalodons. They work with Windows 7, on my old HP laptop, but not on my new Windows 8 laptop. When I plug it in, it lights up, and I can adjust the settings on the sound box. But, on my screen, it says the device could not be recognized. It says "Error 43" on device manager. I have also tried dual booting Windows 7 on the same machine already. They also work on another Windows 8 machine, but the other machine has no USB 3.0 ports.
This also happens with my USB 2.0 HDD, but somehow, my USB 3.0 HDD works. What is the issue? I read somewhere that the GT70 (basically, MSI's equivalent) works but this laptop does not.
32 REPLIES 32

UnfairAwesomene
Level 7
Do the headphones even have support for windows 8 (doesn't show support for firmware flasher)

Try firmware flasher and make sure you download latest USB 3.0 drivers:
http://drivers.razersupport.com//index.php?_m=downloads&_a=view&parentcategoryid=105&pcid=37&nav=0,7...

FIREWORKKS
Level 7
I have already installed the 2.12 firmware onto my headset from my Windows 7 laptop, and where are the usb 3.0 drivers? 😞

Do you have a desktop with windows 8?

FIREWORKKS
Level 7
No. But as I said before, It works on another W8 laptop, that has no usb 3.0 ports.

Prostar_Compute
Level 9
Have you already tried reloading or updating the chipset driver?

We customize Asus, MSI, and Clevo laptops!

Prostar Computer wrote:
Have you already tried reloading or updating the chipset driver?

No, I haven't... But somewhere on this forum, another member said they had the same problem

Mashimizu
Level 7
Try connecting the razer megalodons trough an usb 2.0 hub it worked for me and i don't even know why xD

Nomade
Level 7
I have a problem with one USB port. It doesn't work with any USB 3.0 storage devices. Looks like it's rapidly connected and disconneted from port. There is no problem with USB 2.0 devices.

I have exactly the same problem with one USB port when I try to connect my USB 3.0 storage devices.