Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by rick66 View Post
    Another frustrated Maximus V1 Extreme owner with the frozen clock bug, done everything in Raja`s post with no fix, it keeps fine for 1-2 hrs then boom back to stuck again.
    When the clock freezes what have you done the moment before?
    Have the computer waked up from sleep, booted up, or what?

ROG Member Array zeraoo98 PC Specs
    zeraoo98 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG STRIX Z370-H GAMING
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-8700K
    Memory (part number)Corsair CMW16GX4M2C3000C15
    Graphics Card #1GeForce® GTX 1070 Xtreme Gaming 8G
    Sound CardJoutenheim Schiit
    MonitorPhilips 273ELH
    Storage #1RAID 0
    Storage #2RAID 1
    CPU CoolerCustom EK Water Loop
    CaseCM Storm Stryker
    Power SupplyCorsair 650W
    Mouse Madcatz R.A.T.5
    Headset Sennheiser HD6XX
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64
    Network RouterASUS 4G-AC55U
    Accessory #1 Tobii Eyetrackng

Thumbs up Cmon ASUS, do something

Quote Originally Posted by Wickman View Post
    When the clock freezes what have you done the moment before?
    Have the computer waked up from sleep, booted up, or what?

I got a Maximus Vi Extreme too, and right now when i boot up i saw that clock did freeze again. I have had this problem a few times earlier and fixed it by resetting CMOS and loading my OC profile afterwards, and it works for 1-10 days then it freezes again. I do nothing special, just boot up-shutdown-boot up-shutdown-boot up and then some sunny day i see clock freeze itself at he time of shutdown. For example i turned off my pc at 22:38 yesterday, and turn it on at 13:42 or so.. and i see 22:38 at the task bar. The computer simply does not "count time" when in shut of state (motherboard is in standby with power on of course) I updated my Intel ME to 9.5.15.1730 yesterday and problem persists.

Is there some permanent solution or fix or should my next MB be something "not ASUS"?

Thumb down for ASUS for this... Lots of people got this problem and the only thing ASUS says is that you should reset CMOS and update ME... yup, doesn't help, and guess what, i restarted my pc too.. several times ._.

New ROGer Array

Another victim of this frozen clock bug. I have Z87 delux with repeat issues. I have tried the fixes everyone else has tried. Is there any relief on the horizon ASUS?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Guys and Dolls,
    Christmas is coming in summer this year.
    Read post #134

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...k-Issue/page14

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array JackNaylorPE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by clubfoot View Post
    Just my 02c but don't use hardware fast boot and your cache should be 42 for a 45 o/c (based on the guide) and personal experience. I can also boot and run windows and all my software at 45 cache, but RB video encoding and multi tasking tests would blue screen at 45 cache. Most folks don't use a swap file with SSDs but,...see if one stabilizes RB especially when running a fast RAID setup as you do. Do you have the SSDs on Intel port 0 and 1?
    The advice is to have cache at no more than 3 below multiplier cause at that point it starts to affect performance. But it also happens at 45/42 and stock settings.

From Wickman's link ....

UEFI builds 2*** released or will be up shortly on the support pages - fix list states RTC stop issue cured:

Model Name BIOS ECN NO.
    Z87-A 2005 EN-0204103

thru

VANGUARD-B85 2004 EN-0204173

ROG boards to follow.
    A Big THANK YOU to Raja for putting up with all us frustrated "Whinerbaggers" for the last 8 months ! But not like I gonna let you off easy .... questions"

1. Will this make it into BIOS 15xx (in Beta last I looked) or we wait for 16xx ?

2. Are Z97 boards so afflicted ?

3. Is this also affecting the "freeze" problem saving / loading OC profiles and backing them up to USB ?
    Last edited by JackNaylorPE; 06-11-2014 at 07:38 PM.
    October 26 Build
    MoBo:Max VI Formula
    RAM:16GB Mushkin DDR3-2400 10-12-12-28
    GFX:2x Asus GTX780 DCII
    HD: 2x Seagate 2TB Hybrid SSHD
    SSD:2x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB
    PSU:Seasonic X-1250
    Case:Phanteks Enthoo Primo
    Monitor:Asus VG248QE Black 23" 144 Hz
    Optical:Asus BR Burner
    KB: Logitech G19s
    Mouse:RoG GX950
    Fan Con.: Six Eyes
    Cooling:420+280 Alphacool Rads, 35x2 Pump, EK CPU/ GPU Blocks, Acrylic Tubes w/ BP Fit

ROG Guru: White Belt Array clubfoot PC Specs
    clubfoot PC Specs
    MotherboardROG MAXIMUS VI HERO
    ProcessorIntel i7 4770K
    Memory (part number)G. Skill Trident X F3-2400C10D-16GTX
    Graphics Card #1MSI7950
    Graphics Card #2MSI7950
    Sound Cardonboard
    MonitorBenQ XL2420Z
    Storage #1Samsung EVO 250 RAID0
    Storage #2Seagate 600SSD 250
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i
    CaseAntec DF-85
    Power SupplyCorsair RM1000i
    Keyboard AZIKO MGK1
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Headset SteelSeries Siberia V2
    Mouse Pad Razer Kabuto
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64bit
    Network RouterASUS RTN-56U

Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE View Post
    The advice is to have cache at no more than 3 below multiplier cause at that point it starts to affect performance. But it also happens at 45/42 and stock settings.

From Wickman's link ....

A Big THANK YOU to Raja for putting up with all us frustrated "Whinerbaggers" for the last 8 months ! But not like I gonna let you off easy .... questions"

1. Will this make it into BIOS 15xx (in Beta last I looked) or we wait for 16xx ?

2. Are Z97 boards so afflicted ?

3. Is this also affecting the "freeze" problem saving / loading OC profiles and backing them up to USB ?
    I have not encountered a problem at running 45/42...24/7, but like the clock issue some may.

Well this is really good news for those who have had the clock freeze issue and if they fix the BIOS profile reloads it will be worth two thumbs up
    The Asus Maximus VI Hero Club

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VI HERO, i4770K@4.5, Corsair H100i, 16G G.Skill Trident X @2400, MSI7950 xFire, C: Samsung EVO 250G SSD RAID0, BenQ XL2420Z, LG BD burner, Corsair RM1000i, Antec DF-85.

ROG Member Array

I just purchased a Maximus VI Hero for a long, overdue build. I got the Z87 for a very good price which is why I did not opt for the Z97. CPU+Motherboard bundle that was in-store pickup only. The last of my parts will be here this week and having read this thread along with a few others, I am already hesitant and bit nervous before I even have the build completed. If this issue is as wide-spread as it seems to be and has been going on for 10+ months, it's nearly impossibly to understand how this has not been resolved by now. I read the "possible" resolutions which go beyond what a customer should have to do to resolve this kind of issue.

The first computer I ever built when I was in high school used an ASUS A7V motherboard that worked great. I of course hope my board which is a rev. 1.02 does not have this issue but if it does, it's apparent that after 10+ months, a permanent solution is not going to happen. I have not read every single post as it became redundant so I will finish those up later. For someone who has had to wait a very long time for a new custom build due to other priorities, I feel for those who have this issue and especially those who like me, were on a budget. I may not be able to stay on the forums all the time and especially not until the build is complete but if this issue does occur, it seems that taking this board back and replacing it with another non-ASUS board will happen. Let's hope not... sigh.

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array Tokens210 PC Specs
    Tokens210 PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus VI Formula
    ProcessorI7-4770K
    Memory (part number)F3-2400C10D-16GTX Gskill TridentX (8gbx2)
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX 550TI 1gb
    Sound CardSupreme FX on board
    Storage #12x Samsung Evo 120gb
    Storage #2WD 1TB
    CPU CoolerSwiftech H320
    CaseCoolermaster HAF 932 Advanced
    Power SupplyCorsair HX850 80+ Platinum
    OS Windows 7 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by cypone.x View Post
    I just purchased a Maximus VI Hero for a long, overdue build. I got the Z87 for a very good price which is why I did not opt for the Z97. CPU+Motherboard bundle that was in-store pickup only. The last of my parts will be here this week and having read this thread along with a few others, I am already hesitant and bit nervous before I even have the build completed. If this issue is as wide-spread as it seems to be and has been going on for 10+ months, it's nearly impossibly to understand how this has not been resolved by now. I read the "possible" resolutions which go beyond what a customer should have to do to resolve this kind of issue.

The first computer I ever built when I was in high school used an ASUS A7V motherboard that worked great. I of course hope my board which is a rev. 1.02 does not have this issue but if it does, it's apparent that after 10+ months, a permanent solution is not going to happen. I have not read every single post as it became redundant so I will finish those up later. For someone who has had to wait a very long time for a new custom build due to other priorities, I feel for those who have this issue and especially those who like me, were on a budget. I may not be able to stay on the forums all the time and especially not until the build is complete but if this issue does occur, it seems that taking this board back and replacing it with another non-ASUS board will happen. Let's hope not... sigh.

If you have a rog vi series board sad to say you already have the issue, everyone does, it just went the bios will freeze or if you get lucky and it doesn't seem to

Or as mine is maybe it'll freeze then you'll somehow fix it yourself lol

Also surprised you just purchased the vi over the vii, price different is only like $20 I see you said you got a package deal, I probly would have gone vii myself for the upgraded supreme fx and pwm fan controls
    CoolerMaster HAF 932 Advanced/ Maximus VI Formula/ I7-4770K/Swiftech H320/ Corsair HX850/ G.Skill Trident X (2x8) 16gb 2400MHz/ 2x 840 EVO 120gb(Raid 0)/ WD 1TB HDD (Backup/Storage)/ EVGA GTX 1gb 560 TI/ Asus 12x bluray combo

ROG Member Array

Wow.. what is amazing is that a fix for this issue has yet to come out? It's almost impossible to believe. I did buy the VI because it was literally $80 less than the regular price with the bundled in-store only deal that was a one-time weekend special when I picked it and the i7-4770K up. Now, paying $229 for the VII vs what I paid... the decision was very very easy. Especially when you are coming from running an HP Slimline like I was. I start the build Tues. when the last part arrives so here we go... I did not realize it affected EVERY SINGLE board ever made. If that is the case, I supposed I really should just take it back before I start the build and get another non-ASUS board as I simply am not able to understand why this issue has not been resolved not just by now but within the first couple of months.

Then I have also read about sound issues, USB issues, storage issues like certain SSD's or HDD's not being recognized, and so on. It seems as if this motherboard looks great on paper but has so many issues that you would spent 30% or more of your time trying to fix it so that it is stable instead of just having a functioning, stable system. So I can only imagine the amount of people who own this board who have not even bothered to post on here since every board is affected with the clock issue... much less those that are having multiple issues.

I have always liked ASUS but this... just makes you want to go pick up a Gigabyte, MSI, ASRock, etc. motherboard and loose some of the nice features and just use a straight up regular board that may not be feature rich but will be stable.. it's simply frustrating when you haven't even built a box and already know you WILL have issues no matter what at some point. Sad indeed.

ROG Member Array

Also, I was just wondering... is the VII board affected by the clock issue as well? If so... other than an audio upgrade (which I don't need the greatest audio, the VI has better audio than I need) and PWM fan control which luckily my case has a built-in fan controller, I'm fine with the VI (or I was) untilI learned that ALL are affected and ASUS will not resolve the issue. Sorry for all the nagging but these things just surprise me big time.

I did also see where someone from ASUS is asking for someone to send him a board that has this frozen time issue. I live in the states and can easily do this if from what I'm reading regarding not being able to reproduce this issue even though it affects every Z87 board is true. But, if people are sending their boards back to ASUS with this problem, I don't understand how they can't reproduce it, etc.

I'm still going to go ahead and do the build and see what happens and worse case scenario is a refund, etc. Sorry to continue to add on to an issue that has already been expressed but it's difficult to understand why a permanent solution has not been made available to everyone. It just sounds like a manufacturer recall situation. So yeah, please excuse the frantic-like posts, it's just come as a surprise.
    Last edited by cypone.x; 06-15-2014 at 05:54 PM.

Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast