Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: Grand Master Array

Quote Originally Posted by WebMaximus View Post
    I've been using the clear CMOS button on the rear panel of my motherboard.
    Use the jumper next time. That should fix this pesky problem.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Ok, I'll try that but I thought the button would do the same thing or what is the button for? I see how depressing the button cuts the power because the ROG logo etc goes out.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by WebMaximus View Post
    Ok, I'll try that but I thought the button would do the same thing or what is the button for? I see how depressing the button cuts the power because the ROG logo etc goes out.
    I've been using the button as well (formula vi board), isn't that the whole idea of the button, so you don't have to open up the case? The last time I reset the cmos, it lasted a month before the clock Focked up again!

I've got a b2 revision with the latest 904 bios, if I did rma the board, are the new boards having the same issue?

ROG Member Array

I've looked in the manual and cannot see any reference to a jumper for my Maximus VI Gene. Does one exists?

Having spoken to tech support at Scan this morning there isn't a jumper to adjust on my VI Gene. Instead the system is powered off but with the power switch to the mobo on and the Clear RTC button is held down for a few seconds.

When the system is powered up confirmation that the BIOS was reset is displayed and pressing F1 takes you into UEFI. The clock was running and I loaded my o/clock profile.

Whether this fix sticks is debatable. Scan did it a week or so back and it didn't. If it stops again I'll look for a replacement board from another manufacturer. But I'd rather Asus sort this problem out.
    Last edited by Ray Proudfoot; 11-11-2013 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Additional info

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Just delivered a system with a M VI Hero board that's having the same issue. This is a dealbreaker if it isn't fixed in short order.
    CPU: FX-8350
    Motherboard: Crosshair V Formula-Z
    Memory: 12GB Corsair Dominator GT
    Graphics Card: MSI HD6950 2GB Twin Frozr II
    Hard Drive: SanDisk Extreme 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB + WD Caviar Green 2TB
    Power Supply: Corsair AX1200 Gold
    Case: Lian Li Armorsuit PC-P50R
    CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D14 + Zalman ZM-MFC1 Combo Fan Controller
    Monitor: LG Flatron W2253TQ

New ROGer Array

Hi all, I had this same clock problem.

What worked for me was remove and re-install the MB battery, then reset the clock to the correct time. Has kept correct time now for last 4-5 days. Hope I'm addressing the correct problem here and that this helps.

Best Regards,
    DeterH

ROG Member Array

A word of caution. I tried to follow the directions in Raga's post but the following caused a problem

2) When the system POSTs, enter UEFI. Once in UEFI power down the motherboard. Keep the PSU attached and "on". Only the motherboard is powered off and in "standby". You will see the MB standby lights on.

Either I didn't know how to power down the motherboard (I just held down the power button on the system until the unit shutdown leaving lights on the motherboard) or this is not a good instruction for everyone. When I moved the Clear RTC button back to pins 1 and 2 the unit tried to start up on it's own and then shutdown and got into an endless loop (startup/shutdown). I had to pull the plug to get it out of the loop. I then could NOT get my system to turn back on at all. I had to turn ALL power off of the unit, clear the RTC again and then the unit turned on and seem to be working fine. I've got a Maximus VI Hero board.

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

All you need to do if the system is in UEFI is press the power button briefly - you don't need to hold it down for 4 seconds. The system should turn off - at that point it is in standby, as soon as you press the button unless the system was completely frozen, in which case you have other issues to solve.

If the unit tried to power on by itself it means it was not shut off when you moved the Clear RTC button.

Probably over complicated things for yourself by trying to be too precise by the sounds of things. You're the only person that has had this "issue"... I bet you held the button so long to see the lights again that it was in on state again instead of off.

You should know when a board is in standby, its quite easy to spot my friend. I tried to keep things simple for this very reason.

ROG Member Array

Wasn't meant to be critical. Just wanted to let others with similar limited knowledge that there can be problems if they don't have the level of knowledge as you.

Again, for the benefit of others, the clock froze up on my board a second time (I'm wondering if its associated with a certain type of lockup when trying to overclock the board). Anyway, after my last experience, I simply shut down the system, turned the power supply switch off, looked for NO lights or power on the board and then cleared the RTC button. It worked fine. I didn't have to go into the "standby" mode (which I still don't understand how it differentiates from the normal system "off" mode...i.e. the PC is turned off but the power supply switch is still on)

I am truely appreciative of the information you provided.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRon View Post
    I didn't have to go into the "standby" mode (which I still don't understand how it differentiates from the normal system "off" mode...i.e. the PC is turned off but the power supply switch is still on)
    If standby mode was not used then the fix this thread is about was not properly executed or you do not have the same issue as referenced in this thread.

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast