cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Patched] ASUS UEFI vBIOS tool for GTX 600 series cards!

Nodens
Level 16
I have patched the ASUS UEFI GOP Updater tool so that it skips the compatible motherboard check. With this patch the tool will blindingly continue to download and flash your card.
For SLI configurations each card must be flashed separately just like the original tool.

Disclaimer:
This is my own work and has nothing to do with ASUS. Neither ASUS or I can be held responsible if you manage to brick your system with this tool.
This is provided on a
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK basis. If your motherboard is not compatible with UEFI GOP it will BRICK your system FOR SURE. No one can be deemed responsible for using this other than yourself. So do your research and be absolutely certain your motherboard supports UEFI GOP.

Instructions:
1) Download the original ASUS tool (see HERE), install and reboot.
2) Download the patched executable: http://www.necrosan.com/rog/ASUS_UEFI_GOP_Tool_patch/ASUS_UEFI_Nodens.rar (New host courtesy of Necrosan:))
3) Extract the executable from the .rar archive in "C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\UEFI" while overwriting the stock one that is already there (You can backup the old one if you so wish).
4) IMPORTANT: Run the tool and leave it running until it looks like this:
(Image at the end of the post due to a bug with the forum editor and image attachments)

5)Reboot and disable CSM:)

Special thanks to my testers: Fefquois and furrybob. Their help testing was invaluable as I do not currently have any system without an ASUS board in order to test myself.

Do not post on this threads questions asking if your X-Y-Z brand and model board is compatible with UEFI GOP. I do not have the time to do that research for you. Research your board yourself or do not use this tool.

If your system has an ASUS UEFI GOP supporting board then you do not need this. Use the original ASUS tool instead.

Extra Notes:
A) On platforms with on-board graphics set init options to PEG first.
B) If you are using Logic Virtu disable it prior to flashing.

RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.
72 REPLIES 72

pikka68
Level 7
Thank you for giving a solution to the holders of not Asus maimboard !:p
Best regards... pikka68

furrybob
Level 8
Weird. The tool downloaded the same bios that's currently on my GTX660-DC2O-2GD5 that I bought in April. It shows the build date on the bios to be 09/19/12

Nodens
Level 16
@furrybob: It's quite possible that the UEFI GOP was compiled on the same date as the Legacy VBIOS. Does it work alright with CSM off?

EDIT: Also have in mind that I have absolutely no control on what the tool downloads for each card. All I did is make the tool think you always have a supported board with supported UEFI version. What the tool does next depends on what ASUS made it do (what version it downloads for each card etc).

As a sidenote: The tool output looks garbled like that because there are several checks in the tool that check the board and update the interface. The way I patched it goes after those functions so the interface still shows it's not supported while the tool keeps working and updating the interface on top of it. This is why the interface looks messy. I could fix that but it will take so much time that it's not worth it since the tool works fine as it is:)
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

furrybob
Level 8
Yeah, it works fine with CSM off.

Nodens
Level 16
Then it got flashed properly:)

RealBench Developer.

wai148
Level 8
Nodens

Thank you

I successfully upgraded

Fefquois
Level 9
Aye, as I told you yesterday, it worked perfectly for me too. 🙂 Very, very much appreciated Nodens!

Thx to Nodens! (big thx)

I've flashed my "ASUS GTX660 TI-DC2T-2GD5" successfull on a "ASRock H77 Pro4/MVP" motherboard.
The following vBIOS [80.04.4B.00.AS21] has been loaded from the ASUS servers - old one was [80.04.4B.00.AS12] .

ASUS Flash Tool Log:
[80.04.4B.00.AS12]
NewVersion = 80.04.4B.00.AS21
BuildDate = 09/19/12
Description = This is New VBIOS description. <80.04.4B.00.AS21>
Size = 179 KB
Priority = 1
Checksum = 23416064
UEFIsupport = 1
DriverVersion = 30623

But if you look at the ROM with Kepler BIOS Tweaker you'll see build date is 02/26/13.

just 4 NFO

same here any update on this topic ?