cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K52F bricked after bios flash - resolved?

mad_pierre
Level 7
Hi all,
I made the error in flashing one of my Asus laptops, a K52F, using a ntfs drive, with the flash program on the bios, Now it almost shows no sign of life. it power up, and spin the drives, plus the green led lights, however no screen etc, Also pluggin it out with achanged battery in then re-powering up, casue it to loop in powering in up, where it run for a second or two, then restarts, removing the battery, just get it back to the above start where it sits there idle. Can I blind flash using a pen drive, Like you could in the old days with a floppy drive. ?

Thanks
8 REPLIES 8

Fred1
Level 8
When you turn the unit on are you at least able to see the Asus logo? Have you tried to see if you can get back into the BIOS? or
are you simply getting a black screen?

mad_pierre
Level 7
Its just a black screen. no beep etc. just the led lights, and you can hear the dvd-rom spin up.

Pitcher1
Level 9
could you save old bios file to use flasg disk and plug into laptop, power on laptop then press ctrl + home to flash back to old BIOS, but remember format usb to FAT32.

mad_pierre
Level 7
I've been trying a flash USN formatted to FAT 32, with the bios file re-named to K52F.BIN, with no luck, Pressing the Ctrl+Home combo at start-up

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
mad pierre wrote:
I've been trying a flash USN formatted to FAT 32, with the bios file re-named to K52F.BIN, with no luck, Pressing the Ctrl+Home combo at start-up

It doesn't always work, but if you have the original ASUS factory image on your hard drive, the K52F.BIN should already be on your hard drive.
Otherwise if you are not using the original ASUS image, I usually copy the *.BIN bios file to the hard drive instead of a USB hard drive to use the Ctrl+Home if you want to try this.

Well to dig up a old Thread. For a while now I've had one of those cheap SPI programmer from China, Never though that it worked. As I have tried to re-flash the K52F, with no luck untill Today, where I got my hand on a cheap pin converter, that worked. Found a 4MB Bios online, and edited in the latest BIOS. seems to be work fine so far. 😄

Pitcher1
Level 9
i think you are take to service center to reflash back, i think it is more fast.

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Thanks for the update anyway, and glad you could find some kind of solution at least, but unfortunately, it's probably not something that other customers will be able to follow easily.