cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Playing blueray movies (cd)

Retired
Not applicable
Hi.

It appears my G74 does not have any video playback program capable of reading blueray?

I know for sure my notebook have got a blueray reader, because it is written on the outside of the cd room. also I bought the blueray version from my webstore.

I tried windows mediaplayer and vlc
5 REPLIES 5

jorlanm
Level 7
what version ofthe G74sx do you have?
-ASUS ROG G73SW-3DE-
-Intel Core i7-2630QM Mobile Quad Processor
-Intel HM65 Express Chipset +ICH10
-17.3" 1920x1080 120Hz Anti-Glare Matte Screen
-nVidia GeForce GTX 460m 1.5GB GDDR5 VRAM
-nVidia 3D Vision Active Shutter Glasses
-Creative EAX Advanced HD 5.0
-THX TruStudio
-8GB DDR3 1333MHz RAM (Max 32GB)
-2x500 Seagate Momentous XT Hybrid HDD
-Blu-Ray 4x Burner
-Logitech Performance MX Darkfield Laser Mice
-Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

-XBOX360, PS3, Wii

Retired
Not applicable
gtx560m, mybad*

Retired
Not applicable
ASUS G74SX 3D. It also came with a 160GB SSD + 750HDD 16GB RAM, GTX540 3GB vram. Anyways, I found a program, PoverDVD so it is working now 🙂 But when one issue is solvd another one pops up, I am currently struggling to activate the 3d mode when watching blueray movies. (yes i can play games in 3d)

Retired
Not applicable
powerdvd can be buggy when you enable 3D. you should mess around with the settings as it has a lot of different 3D types of output. especially those that are native 3D or taking 2D and converting to 3D display.

climo
Level 7
Naits wrote:
Hi.

It appears my G74 does not have any video playback program capable of reading blueray?

I know for sure my notebook have got a blueray reader, because it is written on the outside of the cd room. also I bought the blueray version from my webstore.

I tried windows mediaplayer and vlc

If you want the OEM Blu-Ray player check out this link to asus support.
http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=3&s=110&m=ASUSDVD&os=&hashedid=n%2fa
Your G74 should of come with a utility cd..if not check out Chastity's driver thread.