Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750JW Lag spikes in BF3

BreadKnife
Level 7
Hey
So I just bought this G750JW
and I am having extreme lag spikes with BF3 only in multiplayer.
I log into my other laptop and it runs fine, so I know its this device.
I have tried the pre rendered frame fix
and unparking of cores.
My connection is good varying between 20Mb/s - 10 Mb/s to a host roughly 200 miles away and my ping is 45 ish.

Please if anyone can help I would appreciate it.
6 REPLIES 6

BreadKnife
Level 7
Oh and also if someone can please tell me why whenever I try to update the Nvidia driver from 311.83 (Factory driver) to 320.49 it tells me it cannot find compatible hardware, I have tried the download through Nvidia and through the Asus website

abeepak1
Level 7
The nVidia drivers do not work on Asus laptops on default. IF you read the fine print on the nVidia website, they will say that the "your laptop" has a mandatory policy on driver downloads, only allowing them to be done so from the Manufacturer's website. The only way to circumvent this can be seen in older threads in the forum. I am not keen on providing you the link here, as I do not personally recommend the general user, or any Joe who stumbles upon this thread to do the procedures as they will have a hard time troubleshooting problems. However I can give you a rough idea on what it does. What happens when you install a driver through "THE" method is, the ASUS INI file that prevents you to install an nvidia driver will be overwritten by an nVidia one, which will allow future use of nVidia released drivers. Another method is to install beta drivers which by default do not usually have hardware checks. Again, I personally do not recommend doing these installations if you do not know what you are doing as you will not be capable of troubleshooting your own problems. Therefore, I recommend sticking with the drivers you have installed right now and find the source of the lag spike before adding another variable and/or problems.

Have you tried checking the temperatures? Can you provide more specifics on when, where and how often this is happening? What is your "other laptop"? What settings are you running at? Without a more detailed explanation, none of us are able to help, as we are just about as lost, if not more so than you are.

If you are truly keen on doing the installations, proceed to reading older threads, where you may also encounter the solution to your issues. Keep in mind, some functions will not be available, or may not work properly with the nVidia drivers, such as Splendid and/or screen brightness.

My other laptop is a samsung Series 7 chrome
can't remember the specifics of it right now, it isn't a spectacular machine, I run everything on medium.

It isn't the temperatures, this happens immediately and spikes for about 5 seconds and returns to normal for 5- 10 seconds.
I have tried running the graphics from low to ultra and doesn't have any effect
I am capable of doing the installs, just don't want to if there is an official way around it.
ALso it gives me the same problem with the beta drivers.

BreadKnife
Level 7
So update on the problem.
It is happening in all my multiplayer games. so I re installed my network drivers
and fixed it,
I feel like such an idiot

abeepak1
Level 7
Well no one is an idiot, especially if you have come up with a solution to problems. This may seem simple to you, though this thread could provide future users with similar issues a place to start. A great solution is not elegant due to it's mind boggling complexity, but it's overlooked simplicity.

Congratulation on solving the problem.

fhurer
Level 7
sorry for my english...thats the same happened to me the problem is not the gpu and driver is the wifi card just plug your ethernet cable and thats it enjoy with out lag...probably in the next update drivers they gone fix it ...