Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    TeamROG Folding@Home Array ottoyu34 PC Specs
    ottoyu34 PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus IX Hero
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 7700K
    Memory (part number)Trident Z RGB (F4-3600C16D-16GTZR)
    Graphics Card #1ROG Strix GTX1080 Ti OC
    MonitorLG IPS LED 27"
    Storage #1Samsung SSD 850 PRO 1TB
    Storage #2Crucial MX300 525GB SSD
    CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro H115i
    CaseCorsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Ed.
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3
    Keyboard Corsair Vengeance K65
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Mouse Pad Razer Destructor
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z-2300 2.1
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64
    Network RouterAsus RT-N66U

Should be second time a charm. sounds like the 1st one has issues with the cooling.

MattL
    Quote Originally Posted by ottoyu34 View Post
    Should be second time a charm. sounds like the 1st one has issues with the cooling.
    Just played AvP's survivor mode at max settings for 30 minutes with no problems. I seemed to get even better performance than the first, though it's possibly a placebo effect from me wanting it to work so badly.

MattL
    Everything seems fine with #2! Played games for three or four hours with friends last night (Alien Swarm is fun, and free!), woke up this morning and set out to stress it as hard as possible before I went to work in case I needed to swap it again, but it survived two hours of FEAR2 and then two hours of AvP with no problems at all. I think I might have a winner.

TeamROG Folding@Home Array ottoyu34 PC Specs
    ottoyu34 PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus IX Hero
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 7700K
    Memory (part number)Trident Z RGB (F4-3600C16D-16GTZR)
    Graphics Card #1ROG Strix GTX1080 Ti OC
    MonitorLG IPS LED 27"
    Storage #1Samsung SSD 850 PRO 1TB
    Storage #2Crucial MX300 525GB SSD
    CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro H115i
    CaseCorsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Ed.
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3
    Keyboard Corsair Vengeance K65
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Mouse Pad Razer Destructor
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z-2300 2.1
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64
    Network RouterAsus RT-N66U

Quote Originally Posted by MattL View Post
    Just played AvP's survivor mode at max settings for 30 minutes with no problems. I seemed to get even better performance than the first, though it's possibly a placebo effect from me wanting it to work so badly.
    Yea. usually hardware will throttle down to prevent damage from overheating.
    I'm glad you can finally enjoy the laptop!

MrPeter
    I can only recommend that you return it while you can and get something else. My G73 had no issues on day one. A couple of days later, some minor issues happened. After a week the whole thing went more or less to hell. I wanted the computer to work so bad (because of what I felt I was getting spec-wise for the money) that I held out for a fix.

BIG MISTAKE

Some users never had any issues - lucky them. I returned one with issues and the other one I got from BestBuy had the same issues, but they surfaced days later. Return it and get a Toshiba or something. This model is nothing. but. trouble. It's not worth the gamble.

MattL
    I'm on my fourth one now. Number 1 and 3 had GSOD constantly, number 2 flickered on it's HDMI display and had terrible problems with dropped keys on the keyboard when typing faster than a child. If this one isn't flawless I'm just going to get my money back. I want it to work, but I can't keep doing this. I'm not going to be able to recommend ASUS to customers at my store any longer, either, because nobody should have to go through three to get a good one.

ASUS OC_Support
    Hi Matt,

I hope the new exchange you got it working well for you. Please provide us with feedback on this so we can determine if this is an isolated incident or not.

Thanks,
    ASUS Support

ASUS OC_Support
    Hi Matt,

Sorry. This thread is the feedback on your exchange I was thinking I was replying to the other thread that ended with you saying you would get the unit exchanged. I'm glad this one is working for you!

MattL
    Quote Originally Posted by ASUS OC_Support View Post
    Hi Matt,

Sorry. This thread is the feedback on your exchange I was thinking I was replying to the other thread that ended with you saying you would get the unit exchanged. I'm glad this one is working for you!
    I'm on the fourth one, and it remains to be seen if this one is like the others or not. So far I've had three in a row be defective out of the box. If you'd like details on what software was used on each one and what conditions they crashed in I can provide it. I'm going to test this one tonight and see what happens. Though with how the last three have been I'm not confident. I hope I'm wrong.

MattL
    Number four just gave me my first GSOD when playing AvP. Does anyone from ASUS wanna step up and help me out? I don't wanna return this thing, I just want it to work. Can I send it to ASUS and have it inspected and replaced with one that doesn't do this?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast