cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to understand overclocking my G46 with nvidia inspector help?

Raptor5150
Level 7
So I used that guide that has me make .bat files to set the P state on my 660m. But when i set the value of the core clock to 1250mhz (anything higher does crash my system so it must be working right?) I look in nvidia inspector and it still says core clock is 1085 which is the default max. It says the same in afterburner.

Since it crashes at anything higher than 1250 when i set it via .bat files does that mean its working and it just thinks its still at 1085? or am I doing something wrong? Temps are 83C and holding so far so im thinking its working.

using 326.80 drivers

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

Djask
Level 7
83 Degrees is quite high. Mine never goes above 60 degrees at a 970 clock. (good enough for gaming I guess). If you want to go above the default max, you'd have to play around with the bios which I wouldn't recommend doing.
Asus G46VW
i7 3630QM | 750GB Hard Drive | 1080p Full HD Display | Corsair Vengeance 16GB | GTX 660m | Windows 7 Ultimate

Djask wrote:
83 Degrees is quite high. Mine never goes above 60 degrees at a 970 clock. (good enough for gaming I guess). If you want to go above the default max, you'd have to play around with the bios which I wouldn't recommend doing.

This didnt answer my question nor help much 😕

Djask
Level 7
What I am saying is that on default, Nvidia won't allow you to go above the 1085mhz mark. This was actually unachievable with previous versions of the nvidia drivers, (320.00 and below iirc). This is probably why your computer only reads 1085. If you really want that 1200mhz or so clock, you would have to go into the bios.
Asus G46VW
i7 3630QM | 750GB Hard Drive | 1080p Full HD Display | Corsair Vengeance 16GB | GTX 660m | Windows 7 Ultimate