cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disappointed with MAXIMUS VI IMPACT sound card...

lolwatpear
Level 7
Unless I'm missing something, I don't see how this can be used for 600 ohm headphones, when mine is far less than that. I have the volume on maxed out and it's still not loud enough at all. I've checked the realtek manager and see nothing to change any ohm settings or anything.

I have the xonar dg and was expecting similar performance. That thing gets loud and I only paid around $20 for it. I really wanted an all in one solution here.
89 REPLIES 89

Raja
Level 13
Dedicated headphone amplifier is something we can consider for the future, however, it will add more cost to the board if we go that route. It gets tricky for us on the pricing side with mini-ITX as it is.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
Dedicated headphone amplifier is something we can consider for the future, however, it will add more cost to the board if we go that route. It gets tricky for us on the pricing side with mini-ITX as it is.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/asus-maximus-vi-impact-motherboard,23910.html

"which carries an audiophile grade headphone amp"

I don't understand..

Raja
Level 13
Apparently there is a gain setting, it's just obscure and uses a different name - don't know off the top of my head, but I think there maybe a an option there with an "extreme" setting or something of similar ilk - that is the gain option. I stand corrected, the headphone-amp used is the TPA6120A2 from TI.

-Raja

Retired
Not applicable
TS> You can always get a pci-e soundcard... OPS:cool:

Isnt it just to add a external headphone amp?

edit: double post

Raja@ASUS wrote:
Apparently there is a gain setting, it's just obscure and uses a different name - don't know off the top of my head, but I think there maybe a an option there with an "extreme" setting or something of similar ilk - that is the gain option. I stand corrected, the headphone-amp used is the TPA6120A2 from TI.

-Raja

I read about these options for a different mobo I believe, but cannot seem to find it anywhere in realtek. If anyone who has this board or another that uses similar software, please tell where it is.

WhitePaw wrote:

Isnt it just to add a external headphone amp?

As much as I'd love to waste the only pci-e slot on a sound card, I cannot. Onboard graphics doesn't cut it.

lolwatpear wrote:
I read about these options for a different mobo I believe, but cannot seem to find it anywhere in realtek. If anyone who has this board or another that uses similar software, please tell where it is.

When you connect your headphones, the Realtek HD Audio Manager pops up and a window normally comes up asking you what device you just connected. You select headphone obviously and click accept. That window then disappears and you'll be in the Speakers tab. You'll notice that the Amplify Level option appeared. You can then select between Performance, Powerful or Extreme.

Chino wrote:
When you connect your headphones, the Realtek HD Audio Manager pops up and a window normally comes up asking you what device you just connected. You select headphone obviously and click accept. That window then disappears and you'll be in the Speakers tab. You'll notice that the Amplify Level option appeared. You can then select between Performance, Powerful or Extreme.

This is all I see:

WhitePaw wrote:

there's only 1 pci port on that board, i'd hate to use it for a sound card lol