cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750 with GTX770m or desktop?

RGT19
Level 7
Hi, is better to buy a G750 with GTX770m or maybe if i can the model with GTX780m or is better to buy a desktop with EVGA GTX760 SC, i7 4770k, 8GB 1600mhz?.

What is the best option?.
7 REPLIES 7

Max_Power1
Level 7
Depends on your use of a computer.
I have my computer at home which hulk smashes even the G750JH but I bought a G750JH for when i'm not at home but still want to have a powerful gaming system to use. Its not as powerful as my home system but its the best option for mobile gaming. You can always build a more powerful desktop cheaper then its comparable laptop but you cant close the lid on a desktop and take it out the door with you like a laptop.

Flea0
Level 10
what do you mean with "best"?
FPS? In that case the desktop GTX760 is twice as powerful as the 770M and over 15% faster than the 780M so obviously it's in a completely different league.
If you want raw power and upgradeability, it's really a no brainer. But if you want to carry your gaming around the house or to a friend, get the laptop...oh, and it hurts your electricity bill less.
ASUS G750JX -- i7-4700 - 16GB - 128GB 840 PRO SSD + 1TB HDD - Nvidia GTX 770M - 120Hz 3D glossy display

Desktop if you only game at home at your desk

Laptop if you want to bring gaming elseware (with a smaller screen ofc, unless you wanna help me find way to have 3x 17.3" screens on laptop)

CamainDK
Level 7
For you, I think the best option would be a desktop, since you dont like the looks of the G750, I think you'd be happier with a standard dekstop.
Why buy something you dont like, even before you bought it..

Regards
Jesper
My opinions are my own, I do not work for Asus or any other manufacturer of computers or computer parts. I do not speak on behalf of anybody, but myself.
//Blessed are the cheesemakers

CamainDK wrote:
For you, I think the best option would be a desktop, since you dont like the looks of the G750, I think you'd be happier with a standard dekstop.
Why buy something you dont like, even before you bought it..

Regards
Jesper

OP, Please do not buy anything from Asus as well. Just having less bull in forums would be awesome.
G750JW: i7-4700HQ, 12GB DDR3L 1600MHz, GTX765M 2GB GDDR5, OZC Vertex 4 256GB+Hitachi HTS727575A

patros
Level 7
@RGTI9 - Really?...REALLY???

Don't buy the G750. It doesn't want you. I think it thinks you're ugly too.

A desktop with those specifications is all you need to get online and ogle at older G75s.

Cheers!
Jesse Pinkman: "What's the point of being an outlaw when you got responsibilities?"

Badger: "Darth Vader had responsibilities. He was responsible for the Death Star."

Skinny Pete: "True that. Two of them bitches."

😄

I would recommend a desktop, since it is easier to customize the appearance of a custom-built desktop than a laptop (your choice of cases). Also, a laptop is limited in its upgradeability, which further adds to the cost. Oh, and a desktop can run things such as Folding@Home better (much better cooling and components for 24/7 folding).
I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee! 🙂
LINUX Users, we have a group!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23