cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with the screen brightness

faisalfaisal
Level 7
I'm having an Issue with the Screen Brightness and guys please try this on your G750 and let me know that im the only one who's facing the issue or some other users are also facing this issue.

Okay The Issue is when the display is on 60hz it works perfectly means the brightness is adjustable from 10% to 100% brightness whatever suits you.. But when i switch it to the 120hz it stuck the brightness and then Screen brightness is not adjustable on 120hz either you plugin or unplug the charger. It stuck with the screen brightness.
ASUS G750JX
CPU: i7-4700HQ @ 2.40 GHz.
Graphics: GeForce GTX 770M 3 GB GDDR5 RAM
Screen: 17.3' Full HD 3D Glossy Screen
Memory: 24GB DDR3 1600 MHz. RAM
Storage: 256 GB LiteOn LCM-256M3S SSD + 1 TB HDD
5 REPLIES 5

patros
Level 7
I can safely report that this issue you seem to be facing cannot be reproduced on my system. You may want to check the Asus website for updates to things like the ATKACPI file Version V1.0.0030
Jesse Pinkman: "What's the point of being an outlaw when you got responsibilities?"

Badger: "Darth Vader had responsibilities. He was responsible for the Death Star."

Skinny Pete: "True that. Two of them bitches."

😄

patros wrote:
I can safely report that this issue you seem to be facing cannot be reproduced on my system. You may want to check the Asus website for updates to things like the ATKACPI file VersionV1.0.0030

Thanks patros after the updates now its working perfectly and Now it adjustable on 120hz.
thanks for your help dude. Seems like u r quite a fan of Breaking Bad.. well im also a very big follower of the show Lets see whats gonna happen in the 5th season finale
ASUS G750JX
CPU: i7-4700HQ @ 2.40 GHz.
Graphics: GeForce GTX 770M 3 GB GDDR5 RAM
Screen: 17.3' Full HD 3D Glossy Screen
Memory: 24GB DDR3 1600 MHz. RAM
Storage: 256 GB LiteOn LCM-256M3S SSD + 1 TB HDD

patros
Level 7
Also what I found is after a fresh install, I had to check the dates and version numbers of all the drivers, utilities etc., installed manually and cross check them with the Asus website to establish what had updates and what didn't and then updated each one individually. Forget Asus Live Update, it doesn't work.

Hope that helps out.

Cheers!
Jesse Pinkman: "What's the point of being an outlaw when you got responsibilities?"

Badger: "Darth Vader had responsibilities. He was responsible for the Death Star."

😄

Flea0
Level 10
oh god I just realized by reading this that my 3D screen was set to 60 Hz by default! I turned it up to 120 and now everything looks smoother. Thanks guys. P.S. this isn't going to affect the display's life expectancy at all is it?
ASUS G750JX -- i7-4700 - 16GB - 128GB 840 PRO SSD + 1TB HDD - Nvidia GTX 770M - 120Hz 3D glossy display

patros
Level 7
Glad to be of help faisalfaisal and even gladder my solution worked out for you.

Yeah, Breaking Bad is a fav and now I'm theorizing like crazy as to what Jesse has up his sleeve in terms of getting Walt back!

😄