cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G74 not recognized by Asus software [solved]

City_Builder
Level 7
Hello,

I recently ran into a problem where my Asus G74 would only get to the login screen of Windows 8 I'd enter my pin number and it would just sit there doing nothing.

So I reinstalled Windows 8 from the desk because I have replaced the primary hard drive with a SSD drive which means any restore information that was on the primary hard drive is not there.

So now I go to install some Asus software and during installation it quits and tells me that it's only usable on an Asus notebook. While I am using an Asus G74 SX notebook. The software I'm talking about from Asus this things like the Asus splendid and the Asus power 4 gear hybrid software.

Any clues what's going on?

Thanks,
6 REPLIES 6

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Hi,

Was it working before and did you install the ATK (ASUSTek?) or ATKACPI driver (usually found under the 'utilities' sections?)?

Under Win8 you should see the ATK Package listed under Programs and Features if you want to check.

Hope this helps!

City_Builder
Level 7
Hi, yes it was working before the computer stopped working and wouldn't let me login Windows 8 anymore

I have not installed any specific Asus drivers as I installed Windows 8 from the Windows 8 disc.

Where do I find these a TK packages?

getmealive
Level 7
well you need to install ATK Package from Asus Website. try to download ATK package for Windows 8 from here: http://www.asus.com/supportonly/ATKPackage/#support_Download_36

City_Builder
Level 7
Thank you, that was the file that I was looking for.

I tried to Windows 7 version but apparently that wasn't working properly now the Asus software recognizes it as an Asus notebook

Good it worked for you. it should work for Windows 7 too...there are ATK Package for windows 7 too...

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Thanks for the help getmealive.

Yes, City Builder, as getmealive mentioned, the G74Sx should also work with Win7 if it matters since ASUS has approved the G74Sx with Win7 64-bit and you can find all the G74Sx Win7 64-bit drivers (including the ATKACPI driver under the 'utilities' section at the ASUS do...).

If you already have everything working with Win8 though, you may not want to worry about this anymore.