cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why people complain about the matte screen in g750 series

garfy
Level 7
Is it really so horrible, I have heard so many complaint that the colors are all messed up, that is super grainy etc.

I am deciding not to buy this laptop just because of the matte screen

Why asus cant learn, and also people complain about the audio, that was the issue with g75 before, why it happens in g750 agan?
23 REPLIES 23

CamainDK
Level 7
I dont complain. Instead I urge you to, if possible, visit a store and see for yourself.
I got the G750JH-T4060H, matte screen, no 3d, but the screen is equal or better than any other screen I've used.
@ work I use a HP LA2405WG, it doesnt match the Asus screen in any way.
I'm more than happy with my new laptop and do recommend it to my friends, when talk is about new laptops..

When it comes to sound, true, the onboard speakers cant match my Samsung surround system, but no onbaord laptop speaker setup can.
I got no noises, pops, hissing or crackling sound, smooth all the way regardsless wheter I'm gaming or watching a BD movie..

Regards
Jesper
My opinions are my own, I do not work for Asus or any other manufacturer of computers or computer parts. I do not speak on behalf of anybody, but myself.
//Blessed are the cheesemakers

patros
Level 7
I love the gloss 3D screen. In my country, the matte option wasn't even available. I do feel however that games look better, the 120 hz 3D display doesn't hurt for quality and I am thoroughly happy with it.
Jesse Pinkman: "What's the point of being an outlaw when you got responsibilities?"

Badger: "Darth Vader had responsibilities. He was responsible for the Death Star."

Skinny Pete: "True that. Two of them bitches."

😄

Flea0
Level 10
heah, get the 3D 120Hz screen if you can, it's absolutely worth the upgrade
ASUS G750JX -- i7-4700 - 16GB - 128GB 840 PRO SSD + 1TB HDD - Nvidia GTX 770M - 120Hz 3D glossy display

garfy
Level 7
I was checking the asis g750jx in local store. I checked the matter screen. I was looking at the yellow background and if I see any dots or smoodginess, or dirtiness. NOTHING!! It is true screen is little less colorful, but hey it is not such a difference. Also I checked the audio and it did not suck at all. I think people who complain about the screen are just to sensitive. I dont know, really. It looked fine to me. I did not see any dots at all, rainbow or anything else.

iweber95
Level 7
Personally I have the matte screen and I have had no problems with quality or those lines every one has been talking about. Having no glare is great and I think the colors looks much more realistic on the matte screen vs and glossy screen.
ASUS G750JX
CPU: Intel Quad Core I7-4700HQ @ 3.4GHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 770M @ 932Mhz
RAM: 16GB
Memory: 1TB + 256GB SSD

McHero
Level 7
I was also very concerned as I've read about the complaints in the forum. As expectations and perception is a matter of personal taste I recommend to go to a shop and have a look by yourself.

All I can say is that I own the G750JH (first Asus Notebook as I've always worked on ThinkPads professionally) now since 3 weeks and I'm totally happy with it. It's a great machine and a good buy for me. Hope this helps.

Here's my experience/opinion:

I bought the G750JH in Canada and I was worried about the matte screen as well. It IS grainy in comparison to my older Asus with a glossy screen. But you can only see the grain over white or really light backgrounds, and it's not like sandpaper grain, it's more like "film grain" that you get to make a more realistic look in video games or filming video.

Also, the color saturation and contrast on the screen was really nice, and the brightness was spectacular for a matte screen. The viewing angles were "ok" but not the best.

People have complained about horizontal lines, and I think that they had faulty displays. I myself had no such thing, HOWEVER, my display just suddenly stopped working, and only an external monitor worked. I had to RMA mine because of the lack of quality control for these displays.

So while the display is fine in regards to brightness/color/contrast, it has some minor grainy look over white backgrounds, and the displays themselves seem to really lack in quality control.

Myroslav
Level 7
I love the matte screen. Had glossy one before and hated it. Reflects are gay as faack.
G750JW: i7-4700HQ, 12GB DDR3L 1600MHz, GTX765M 2GB GDDR5, OZC Vertex 4 256GB+Hitachi HTS727575A

derpcules
Level 9
Im convinced that all the complaints about lines on the matte screen are the result of purposefully trying to evoke them and claiming they want their screens att max contrast + lowest brightness. Even with those settings you only see lines in certain shades IF you are instecting the screen from 1-2 cm away.

The screen itself is great for what it is, a matte screen. Designed to be usable in bright light setings NOT give you the best quality in a pitch dark room. Even then the differance is minimal.

Alot of the people on this forum are simply full of ****.