cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Honest Opinion On Your G750

iweber95
Level 7
Just wondering what you guys' opinions about the ASUS G750 is. : )
ASUS G750JX
CPU: Intel Quad Core I7-4700HQ @ 3.4GHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 770M @ 932Mhz
RAM: 16GB
Memory: 1TB + 256GB SSD
51 REPLIES 51

Flea0
Level 10
it had a couple small issues when I received it, but two minutes with a screwdriver and a HDD upgrade fixed both. As is, I am very satisfied with my choice. The 120 hz glossy 3D screen makes much more a case for itself than I thought it would. I am not convinced with the headphone amplifier thing (I never get even close to maximum volume on a normal laptop anyway) and repasting it in a couple years might be a massive pain in the ass, but we will see. Gaming wise I have only started to scratch the surface, but I am basically very impressed with the 770M even with ASUS' obsolete drivers. My final opinion will depend on how well it will handle next gen console games such as watch gods and witcher 3.

Pros:
VERY solid feeling (except the disk drive), it hides its thickness well, screen, trackpad is huge and the buttons are quiet, metal palmrests, matte bezel, battery life, double storage bays allow me to get 9 second boot times with an SSD AND store truckloads of media.

Things I would change:
I wish my model came with ac WIFI.
I wish I could have a dummy battery cover to prevent dust from getting in and to protect the contacts since I'm always keeping the battery out unless I need to move it around.
I wish the blueray drive were slot loading or more solid when closed, since I hate grabbing the laptop to carry it around and feeling the tray flex under my left fingers. it makes the side of the laptop feel rather flimsy.
I wish it had a fn key somewhere on the right side of the keyboard too, since adjusting the volume is very hard to do one handed (and I have BIG hands) and using the media functions of the arrow keys IS impossible to do one handed. FYI, I'm using Sound Volume Hotkeys to bind ctrl+up and down to the volume controls.
I wish the JX had at least one msata slot.
ASUS G750JX -- i7-4700 - 16GB - 128GB 840 PRO SSD + 1TB HDD - Nvidia GTX 770M - 120Hz 3D glossy display

iweber95
Level 7
Yeah two function keys would be nice. Also the dummy battery cover is a great idea because I also keep my battery out unless I'm moving it. Thanks for the input : )
ASUS G750JX

B1g_Dav3
Level 7
This is my first 'expensive' laptop i.e. over £1,000 and to be honest I'm quite impressed. I bought a G750JW

I had an N55SF with the Bang & Olufsen speakers that this laptop can't touch audio wise although the amp is great for me as I have a set of Bose headphones that I very much like. I like how everything I wanted changed on that laptop is incorporated into my G750, bigger screen, larger trackpad, keyboard back lighting and so on. I know it's a little heavier, but it's not so much to me and is still portable on top of my Uni gear.

I decided I didn't need the GTX 770 or 780, as most of my gaming is older games such as Skyrim and the Sims, but the GT 555M wasn't fantastic in my old ASUS so decided to go for something a bit more dedicated.

I love the feel of it, the aluminium and the looks of it, as well as the dual hard drives that I'm working on replacing with an SSD or two 😛

My only complaints are that this is my second laptop as my first had tons of red dots all over the screen that should have been picked up in quality control, and the 0.8ghz throttling on battery, but aside from that it's all smiles to me.
ASUS ROG G750
Previous:
ASUS N55SF

New to this ere special gaming computer stuff, but trying to catch up 😛

Maxter
Level 9
I have G750JW. I love it. My only issue was trying to update the GPU drivers. Fixed by installing nvidia latest beta drivers. Before this, I had the original G1S (the first generation ROG laptop). Asus has gone a long way trying to make the gaming laptop better. I am starting to like the fact that the laptop underclocks everything when on batteries. I know it bothers some people, but I'm not planning on gaming unless plugged in, so it doesn't really affect me. I used to game on batteries back in the day (original CS for 45 minutes outside under the sun - not worth it anymore, I like me a desk and some A/C). The underclocking makes the laptop battery last 4-6 hours depending on what you're doing. I've made it last 8 hours at my workplace with the screen turning off when I'm not at the desk. I don't even need to plug it in for work! The underclock doesn't really affect going online, youtube, facebook, etc. Everything still works smooth. The other thing I love is that it is VERY quiet. Even during intense gaming, you can't even hear the fans (on the G1S, it was rather loud). Temperatures are always below 50C (while the G1S the GPU reached 98C). Anyways, I'm in-love with my new ROG computer. Cheers!

iweber95
Level 7
Yes one of my favorite parts of the G750 is how quiet and cool it runs! I can stay up late gaming and my roommate cant even hear the computer running if he is trying to sleep.
ASUS G750JX

derpcules
Level 9
I got what i paid for and more. Only problem I have is a sort of faulty powerbrick. It works but the metal in the cable is visible. The laptop itself is beyond expectations.

Guess i could complain about this forum too. Most of the complaints are due to stupidity and they refuse to listen to reason.

Symho
Level 7
I had sent my first G750 on RMA, now I have solved with another one, but this one has a prblem with headphone jack, because I ear a disturb when I play an audio source, the support tell me about a new RMA but I have noticed that the issue doesn't appear if I remove realtek's drive... I must understand where is it will be the problem after if is it an hardware problem... this pc is my last ASUS!
ASUS G750JZ - T4044H with GX1000 black

Myroslav
Level 7
Great opinion ^
G750JW: i7-4700HQ, 12GB DDR3L 1600MHz, GTX765M 2GB GDDR5, OZC Vertex 4 256GB+Hitachi HTS727575A

bloowhalez
Level 9
this laptop is a dream. playing games with great detail and smooth framerates in your lap or on a big tv is amazing. it does so much for being a laptop. its better than a ps4 by far