cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G73Jh Display Errors (Flicking white/powering down)

Foxhound
Level 7
I have a G73Jh with display issues. The laptop's monitor will flicker white and flicker off if I load any graphic game--whether it's fullscreen, windowed, or whatever.

It's recently gotten to the point where instead of this lasting for a few seconds at start up or when the playing field (map/level/whatever) is loaded, that the monitor just stays off until I alt tab out. I can still voice chat/hear game sounds.

It got so bad this morning that I plugged it into my TV. Interestingly enough, my TV can display a game (FFXIV in this case) in full screen or windowed mode with no graphical problems, and temps seem normal on the GPU, but my display on the laptop is blacked out and flickering white occasionally, just as normal.

Is there a home remedy for this? I don't want to ship out this computer and pay a couple hundred dollars on what I believe to be a manufacturing defect, but that seems to be what happened to most people with similar issues.

Thank you for your consideration on this matter.
2 REPLIES 2

Pitcher1
Level 9
could you instally new GPU driver to try again?

I did try that. First thing I did was uninstall my drivers using the installation tool, then downloaded the lates non-beta drivers. While I did notice a marked performance increase in FFXIV, it didn't do anything about the display on the laptop. As of now, I have no trouble using my TV as a display (aside from the obvious refresh rate issues) but the laptop's native display doesn't seem to work much at all unless it's doing very simple tasks (even some Firefox actions, like opening youtube, cause it to spaz out).