Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    New ROGer Array

No my theory doesn't work. I had this issue yesterday when I worked in a CAD program. The GPU wasn't stressed that much, and the power connector wasn't warm at all. I tried to turn the power jack slightly and even tried to press it to the side hoping to improve the electrical contact. However the dimming/slowing kept happening even while I was pushing the jack with my hand.

I wonder if it can be a faulty power brick.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by drillster View Post
    No my theory doesn't work. I had this issue yesterday when I worked in a CAD program. The GPU wasn't stressed that much, and the power connector wasn't warm at all. I tried to turn the power jack slightly and even tried to press it to the side hoping to improve the electrical contact. However the dimming/slowing kept happening even while I was pushing the jack with my hand.

I wonder if it can be a faulty power brick.
    Hey everyone, I'm having the exact same problem on my Asus N series laptop. Anyone have any further testing or solutions?

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array Maxter's Avatar

do what was mentioned in this thread and replace powerblock (you could at least test the electric output of the block, for stability)

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array GottiBoi55's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Landrumz View Post
    hey guys bought my G750JW about 2 weeks ago just downloaded wow on it and logged in and was at 90+ frames on high settings for about a min and then the frames dropped to 25-30 the display dimmed and then a second after that it would go back to normal 90+ frames it keeps doing it every time i play it is making the game unplayable i have no idea what could be causing this please someone help!!!!

Hi Landrumz, welcome to the Asus ROG forum.

Are you running on BIOS V.208, If not flash to V208?
    BIOS version 208 fixes a throttling issue with CPU and GPU, and DC change issue.
    Seems like you are experiencing this issue!
    Here's the direct download link for your G750JW from the Asus support page below.

Hopefully this will fix your issue my friend
    BIOS V.208

GottiBoi55
    Asus
    G750JZ-DS71 Windows 10 Pro (x64)
    Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
    Samsung
    24GB Memory DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
    SanDisk
    M.2 SSD 2x128GB in Raid 0 / WD-HGST-1TB HDD 7500-RPM
    NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
    Second Monitor: Shar