cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Essense STX sound card

SteveS
Level 7
I have never been so disappointed in a product before.. I have this sound card currently in my sabertooth x79, it shows up in device manager and everything.. The cd that comes with this card is completely useless for windows 7 and above user all it does is freeze up your programs preventing you from opening them, not a problem right "just get one online" wrong, Ive been trying numerous drivers, in device manage it tells me that i need a digital signature? How the hell im i supposed to get this? This should be automatic with the download install. I just dont get why this has to be so complicated.

Sorry if i seem agitated, cause iam... spent the last 2 days all day trying to figure this out.

I figured this would be the best place to get this resolved.

Thanks in advance.
5 REPLIES 5

appsmarsterx
Level 7
just get the uni-xonar drivers
http://maxedtech.com/asus-xonar-unified-drivers/

It was the same deal... needed the digital signature, ive done everything, EVERYTHING.... asus just have garbage software. Then at one point i disabled digital signature checker so that was good then i fkn headset wouldnt show up in the sound options, its just one thing after another

KILLER_K
Level 10
The Essence STX was releases in late 2008 though. Still a great sound card and none have matched it so far. If the uni-xonar drivers didn't work for you. Have you tried the drivers that are posted on Asus's site? As the cd would be useless now.

KILLER_K wrote:
The Essence STX was releases in late 2008 though. Still a great sound card and none have matched it so far. If the uni-xonar drivers didn't work for you. Have you tried the drivers that are posted on Asus's site? As the cd would be useless now.

I have no idea how it worked but the Xonar driver work this time around... the digital signature came through... but my next and last issue is, how do i set up my Astro A40 headset to the sound card to talk and hear people through lets say teamspeak or ventrilo.
There are two locations on the sound card, one for head set and other for microphone.. There was only one 6.3mm adpater "think thats what its called" that came with the card... theres only one wire from my headset i dont get how iam suppose to get this to work.... and the manual is absolutely useless.

KILLER_K
Level 10
Sometimes if you have a webcam or something else with a microphone it will also show as a mic in settings. Perhaps this is what you are seeing. You can go here and set up the default microphone though.
Control Panel> Sound > Recording.
Right click the microphone and set it as default. look at the bottom and select "config" now it will walk you through the steps to set it up. Under Teamspeak and Ventrilo you have to pick the correct mic. But after you set the default that should fix most of your issues.