cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RealBench v 1.1 cannot open

Nate152
Hi guys I just downloaded Realbench v1.1 when I try to open it or extract it from my downloads it will not open and a page comes up and asks me if I want to use a web service to open it. I see it is a .man file. Can anyone help me to extract the files so I can install RealBench? Thank You.
28 REPLIES 28

Chino
Level 15
That's the strangest thing. I just went to verify the link and it is indeed a MAN file. I'll ask Nodens about it. In the meanwhile, you can get RB off Meankey's website.

Here you go: http://meankeys.com/dl/RealBench_v1.1.rar

Thanks Chino I will give that a try and let you know if I can install it, Thank You !

Hey Chino I got that Realbench file to install I ran a stress test and it says my sytem is stable but when I run the other test which has the image editing, video encoding and multitasking, Hand brake fails.

meankeys
Level 13
Your still unstable. try increasing your vcore voltage a bit. Just run the encoding test increase your vcore voltage in small increments till you pass then run the full benchmark test,

Hey meankeys you are 100% correct, cpu needed more voltage but here is the deal. You have the same motherboard and cpu as I do. ( Maximus V Extreme & 3770k ) Instead of raising the vcore I had to lower the cpu speed, If I try to raise the vcore any higher I get a cpu voltage overclocking failed error on boot up. I had to set the speed to 4.6 Ghz. with 1.54 volts which I think is ridiculous. Is there a setting in the bios I am overlooking to be able to go past 1.54 volts and not get the overclocking failed message? I tried enabeling Extreme OV setting but that didn't do anything. I also have G.Skill Trident X 2800 Mhz. RAM 11-14-14-35 but can only get to 2732 Mhz. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nate152 wrote:
Is there a setting in the bios I am overlooking to be able to go past 1.54 volts and not get the overclocking failed message?

Go into the BIOS and navigate to the Monitor tab. Select the Voltage option. Click CPU Voltageand select ignore.

Thanks Chino, now I can go past 1.54 volts and not get the cpu overvoltage error. 1.54 volts for 4.6 Ghz. just seems way out of range to me. I have hyperthreading enabled but it still shouldn't need that much juice and It has been like that since day 1 when I put it together. Any suggestions?

meankeys
Level 13
Nate152

Before we go any further I think you should first read through some of the great overclocking guides here on this site. That way you will be familiar with the settings. Also please post your system specs. so we know what your working with. Even though the hardware is different the bios settings and adjustments will be the same in most cases. here is a good one posted by Raja

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?2787-Maximus-IV-GENE-Z-BIOS-Guide-Overclocking&highlight=ra...

Nate152
Thank you for taking time to look into this and giving some insight on my issue meankeys, here is my hardware: Asus Maximus V Extreme, 3770k,G.Skill Trident X 2800 Mhz. (8 GB),Three GTX 680 FTW 4 GB in SLI, OCZ Vector 256 GB SSD, Asus cd/dvd reader/writer, PC Power and Cooling Turbo Cool 1200 watt PSU, Thermaltake Armor+ VH6000 BWS pc case, Koolance ERM-2K3U liquid cooling unit just cooling the cpu. I did read the guide on how to get to 4.7 Ghz. with 3770k, set the settings as the guide said to 1.35 vcore. It booted to the desktop but that was it not stable at all under any load. I have Vcssa to 1.25 volts, VCCIO to 1.15 volts, Extreme Tweaking Enabled, Super PI Enabled, CPU capabiIity 140%, I am not using Vcore offset. LLC Ultra High, Everything else pretty much on auto. I set the RAM timings manually. Is there anything else you would like me to post? Please say and I will gladly post anymore information you might need to see why my 3770k is a voltage hog. Thanks again meankeys.