Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Guru: Grand Master Array

Quote Originally Posted by KrazENoob View Post
    Okay, Did a sata cable swap, and such and got the same error. Does this mean I should try another HD?
    Please confirm that you have AHCI selected as the SATA mode in your BIOS.

ROG Guru: Diamond Belt Array Zka17's Avatar

3 things came in my mind...
    1.) double-check your memories before trying to install the OS with memtest86+ (I like to do it for 4 cycles at least)
    2.) install at BIOS default settings, only double-check the AHCI mode Chino mentioned above - additionally, I like to have my drive for the OS on the first SATA6 port and the DVD drive on the first SATA3 port (use the appropriate cables for them!)
    3.) not sure what is the exact model of your HDD, but some of them have jumpers on them - make sure that is set to "Master" if you have it...

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

I would try another hard drive.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

New ROGer Array

I got this error installing Windows 8.1 Pro from a USB stick on my Z87 Sabertooth (not quite ROG, I know). The trick was making sure I booted from the usb using the UEFI option in the boot screen (get by holding F8 at boot). The device is listed twice; I had picked the normal one that's just the product name when I got the error; selecting the one with UEFI on it worked.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

Good info thanks mate.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2