cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI Suite 3 default to Auto mode?

Aus_azn
Level 7
Hey all,

When AI Suite III boots up on my computer, it always defaults to "High Performance", even though I set it to "Auto" every time right after boot.

Is there a way to get it to default to Auto instead?

I'm on a Z87-DELUXE, by the way; can't access Asus' normal forums for some reason. Just upgraded from a RAMPAGE II GENE.
39 REPLIES 39

Chino
Level 15

Chino wrote:
Are you referring to the EPU profiles?

Yes. It's under the EPU section of the 4-Way Optimization panel. However, I can't find any settings to make it default within that section.

Chino
Level 15
Not sure if there's a default setting. There are 3 profiles (High Performance, Max Power Saving, and Away Mode) for you to choose from though. You'll just have to choose one that applies to the way how your use your computer.

Chino wrote:
Not sure if there's a default setting. There are 3 profiles (High Performance, Max Power Saving, and Away Mode) for you to choose from though. You'll just have to choose one that applies to the way how your use your computer.

I was wondering if it was just me unable to find the blank.

I know that there are three profiles. When I boot my computer, it always boots to "High Performance", regardless of what I had it previously set to (Max Power Saving, Away Mode, Auto). What I would like it to do, is boot to "Auto" instead, or just as effectively, be able to choose what it boots into without having to go in and manually click every time. I was wondering if there's a registry hack, some admin right black magic, an argument that I can set in the "Target" blank of the autostart shortcut, or just a box to put the preferred set-on-boot setting into.

This wasn't an issue on my old RAMPAGE II GENE, where EPU Six Engine was smart enough to retain the setting.

Chino
Level 15
Might sound like a offensive question but I must ask it. Are you clicking the Apply button after you've selected a profile?

Chino wrote:
Might sound like a offensive question but I must ask it. Are you clicking the Apply button after you've selected a profile?

There isn't one on the 4-Way Optimization page, but there is one on the EPU page, which applies any changes you've made to the settings of the profile.

I can tell that it is coming into effect on-click when I change profiles on the 4-Way page, as it downclocks everything almost instantly.

Yeah,
Ive the same problem.
I just dont want to click right lower corner to put it auto everytime i boot the computer. Clicking apply from AI suite 3 program doesnt help, it always is being high performance after computer boot.

Hope some1 can find a solution.

Nawesemo
Level 7
Because I'm a dummy, what's the diffrence in power usage between auto and high preformance?

(just curious If I should be more concerned with my p.c.'s power usage)

forgive me as I scurry back into the shadow.

it is not the power usage that matters to me but the loud high pitch noise of the fans as if there is a high load. i must say asus software suite is a very crappy software. it looks good but doesnt perform as intended. It takes exactly 7 minutes for the asus ai suite to start up after the OS boot and till then i have to tolerate the very high pitch of the fans. If asus cannot have good programmers or cannot make a good software then i suggest them to make it open source so that people like us can fix it.