Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

+1 I'd like to see a way to do this as well. I've poked around the .ini files and the registry looking for a way and don't see any settings for this.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Yes I'm searching how to do this too. Seems like it should be pretty simple, and I'm sure a lot of other people would like to be able to change the default on this too!

New ROGer Array

Come on ASUS ! - The ridiculous bug in AI Suite where user profiles are not loaded on startup is affecting a lot of people, badly !

It is clearly a trivial matter to fix it - SO DO IT !

New ROGer Array

So no more news on this ?
    I just set this up and was amazed I couldn't choose what profile to start in at boot time.
    In my case I really want it to be low power on boot up.

Anyone have other tips to do this maybe ?
    I had considered auto login and an autohotkey script to click for me, but its a messy way to do it.
    Cheers,
    Robin

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by BahBoh View Post
    Come on ASUS ! - The ridiculous bug in AI Suite where user profiles are not loaded on startup is affecting a lot of people, badly !

It is clearly a trivial matter to fix it - SO DO IT !
    Exactly my point ..
    I have been buying and using Asus for 16 years now (many mobo's and GPU's)
    But this is the first time I feel tricked !
    Epu-6 engine fine n.p
    Turbo V .. n.p.
    But his .. this monster of an AI ... No way to stop it turning of my system after 5 hours.
    No locked profile start up choice .. Brrrrr
    I am seriously thinking about uninstalling and never looking back at it !!

ROG Enthusiast Array

Yes I agree, it really irritates me that you cannot save a default power mode on start up. I use Fan Xpert 2 which is ok, but really the only thing left I'm using in AI Suite. So I'm going to buy an Aquaero 6 and uninstall the AI Suite completely.

New ROGer Array

Same here. AI Suite 3 always starts in High Performance mode. There appears to be no way to start in any other mode.

Asus's AI Suite 3 User Manual is crap (like all ASUS documentation; no surprise there).

Another question: AI Suite's Auto, High Performance and Max Power Savings modes all have an 'Enable Away Mode' checkbox. When this box is checked, AI Suite will automatically switch from that mode to Away mode at some point, based on some undocumented condition (system idle time?). Does anyone happen to know the condition?

I confirmed that, at least on my system, if I leave the system running at night with AI Suite in High Performance mode (in that mode all of my case fans are spinning), the next morning I find the system with some of the case fans not spinning, meaning AI Suite has switched to Away mode (my Away mode uses the Silent fan profile, which has some of the fans off when below a certain temp). As soon as I move my mouse or hit the Ctrl key, the case fans start spinning again and AI Suite shows High Performance mode. This suggests to me that AI Suite switched from High Performance mode to Away mode sometime overnight, then reverted back to High Performance mode as soon as the system became active again.

It's not the modes' Sleep timer that triggers this switch, since I have that set to Never for the Auto, High Performance and Max Power Savings modes (Away mode has no such timer). So what causes the switch? I don;t see any other 'knob' that controls this, nor any documentation about it.

Thanks.

New ROGer Array

By the way, if you use AI Suite 3 to control your CPU and case fans, you might have noticed that the High Performance energy savings mode doesn't allow you to assign a fan profile to that mode. All of the other modes -- Auto, Max Power Savings and Away -- let you assign a fan profile to that mode.

Through experimentation I determined that the High Performance mode always uses the Standard fan profile. So configure that fan profile knowing that it will be used whenever you're in High Performance mode (the default when AI Suite 3 starts).

It seems bizarre to me that Asus intentionally did this. Why not let users assign a fan profile to the High Performance mode, given that you let users do that for all of the other modes? Second, if you're not going to let users assign a fan profile to the High Performance mode, why assign the Standard fan profile to that mode? Wouldn't the Turbo fan profile be a better choice when you're running in 'high performance' mode?

I have my system set up so the Silent fan Profile is assigned to both the Max Power Savings and Away modes, and the Standard fan profile assigned to the Auto mode. (The High Performance mode is always assigned the Standard fan profile.) I don't apply the Turbo fan profile to any power saving mode; if I want to apply that profile, I manually select it (or any of the other fan profiles) from the Fan Xpert 2 app.

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array Tokens210 PC Specs
    Tokens210 PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus VI Formula
    ProcessorI7-4770K
    Memory (part number)F3-2400C10D-16GTX Gskill TridentX (8gbx2)
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX 550TI 1gb
    Sound CardSupreme FX on board
    Storage #12x Samsung Evo 120gb
    Storage #2WD 1TB
    CPU CoolerSwiftech H320
    CaseCoolermaster HAF 932 Advanced
    Power SupplyCorsair HX850 80+ Platinum
    OS Windows 7 64-bit

this may sound pretty basic of an answer but currently my Maximus Vi Forumla does that same thing but i personally figured that the auto was holding correctly but that its automatically selecting High performance

cause by definition the auto setting should allow the program in itself to adjust the setting whenever it needs to be it high, power saving, or away

that sounded confusing so ill explain a different way
    high performance, away, power saving are all presets, auto most likely is not
    auto is simply giving the program the ability to automatically choose on its own which one of them to use whenever it needs to, most likely depending on how your running the system

i am in no way an expert, just my take on the auto thing, as for the other things mentioned i got no clue lol

New ROGer Array

Same Problem

I have the exact same problem. It's really annoying because AI Suite is one of the first motherboard software suites that I actually find useful. Except that it doesn't work. Defaults to high performance mode every time I boot the computer. I have this mode set to never go to sleep or turn off the monitor and with more aggressive cooling profiles ect. This is what I want when playing certain games. but most of the time the Auto setting is good enough and still allows my computer to put itself to sleep when not in use.

It completely baffles me that there is not an option to change this!! ASUS PLEASE FIX THIS!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast