Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    New ROGer Array

First ASUS motherboard, thought it was just me, now I find this thread and find out it's been an issue for quite awhile and ASUS has not addressed nor even replied to the thread, not a very good first impression. Please fix this, surely you can find someone, somewhere that knows how to write a setting in the registry that can be read by AIS on bootup, hire someone competent if you must.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I seriously doubt it will ever get fixed or even addressed!

New ROGer Array

+1

This has been annoying me for way too long now.
    I´d be happy with a hint to which registry entry or program config file I need to modify to make Auto the default mode at startup.

New ROGer Array

I have the same problem. Do asus ever monitor these threads?

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

I try to send them the links that users have issues that we can not resolve here ourself.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ROG Member Array

I am having the exact same issue.

This doesn't seem like a bug to me, it seems like it's just the way the software was written intentionally. It just seems that ASUS did not even consider that someone would want to have a default setting.... unbelievable!

I have a lot of other issues with AI Suite though. I apologize in advance if this is off topic or if it seems that I am hijacking the thread, but after looking and searching through the forums it seems that the only people who bother with AI Suite are the ones who've commented here So I thought it would be the most efficient way to get some help on this.

I am running the latest version of AI Suite III (1.00.79 posted May 9th 2014), using Z97-PRO and a i7 4790k.

Here are my main issues that make this thing basically useless to me:

• It is not possible to select a default EPU mode as discussed above. That alone makes this whole thing useless. What's the point of "5 way optimization" and Fan Xpert etc. when the thing always runs everything at max in Performance mode?!
    • Turbo App does not work for me. In "Manual mode" the slider goes all the way from 41x to 80x multiplier, as supposed to going to the highest multiplier for the current OC profile as it should be and as it can be seen in the videos where J.J. from ASUS is demonstrating it. Moreover, setting the multiplier manually for an app does nothing. Turbo App shows the respetive app profile as active, but the TPU settings do not change. The same goes for selecting the "Default" option instead of "Manual mode", which should revert to stock. The only way to get Turbo App to change the OC settings is to select a predefined profile. But even then it does not work properly. When I exit the application it does not revert to the previous setting before the app was ran until another app profile using a predefined TPU profile is ran. That's just stupid....
    • A predefined Fan Xpert profile only stay active until reboot. After reboot AI Suite reverts to "Performance" and does not use the previously selected predefined custom profile, but it goes to its own setting. Going to Auto also switches to one of the three stock ASUS profiles. What the hell is the use of being able to make custom profiles then?!?!

This thing is unbelievably poorly designed. Don't even get me started on the cheesy window skinning which doesn't work properly with WIndows's window management, doesn't show the app in the task bar and doesn't let you ALT+Tab to it. Seriously, ASUS - why are you doing this?! What's the benefit?!

Is everyone else having all these issues, or is something messed up on my system? I've reinstalled AI Suite 2 times using the cleaners posted on ASUS's forums - no improvement.

Has anyone contacted J.J. about any of this? He seems to be responsive to users - hopefully he can do something about this or at least give us some info.

New ROGer Array

I agree with el jefe, this is not a bug. I think "Auto" is better than "High Performance" to be a default setting.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Michael0819 View Post
    I agree with el jefe, this is not a bug. I think "Auto" is better than "High Performance" to be a default setting.
    Ideally we'd be able to explicitly chose the default or it should remember the last setting at least. The way it is right now is just brain dead. I cannot believe Asus spends all this time, resources and marketing efforts to create a relatively good overclocking software and then they make such dumb mistakes...

ROG Enthusiast Array Stinoo PC Specs
    Stinoo PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VII Formula Watercooled
    ProcessorIntel i5 4690K
    Memory (part number)Avexir 8 GB Yellow Leds
    Graphics Card #1EVGA 980 GTX ACX Watercooled, EKWB Nickel fullcover
    MonitorQnix QX2710LED 2560x1440 IPS 105 Hz
    Storage #1Samsung 840 EVO 120 GB
    Storage #2Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB
    CPU CoolerEK Supremacy EVO RED
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Luxe WIndowed, White
    Power SupplySuperFlower Platinum 550w
    Keyboard Corsair K70 Cherry Red
    Mouse Mionix Naos 8200
    Mouse Pad Corsair M600
    Headset/Speakers Klipsch B2
    OS Windows 10 64-bit
    Network RouterD-Link
    Accessory #1 Noctua AF 14 PWM fans
    Accessory #2 Phanteks Enthoo RGB Ledstrip 1M
    Accessory #3 Sleeved red PSU cables

Same problem here, tried reinstalling the software etc. but no effect.

Pretty sloppy of Asus if you ask me, they should really update it!

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

I got the same prob here. Have to manually change to EPU Max Power Saving Mode.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast