cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone with an Asus VG248QE monitor?

djdelirius
Level 10
So I just got 2 Asus VG248QE monitors and I can't really figure out the on-board speakers. Is there a way to adjust the volume on the unit itself or just through the OS? I have the speakers on full volume in Windows but it's just very quiet. I can't find any info in the manual or Asus support site.
4 REPLIES 4

Chino
Level 15
Press the MENU button to bring up the OSD menu. Go all the way down to System Setup. Look on the right and you'll see the Volume option.

Chino wrote:
Press the MENU button to bring up the OSD menu. Go all the way down to System Setup. Look on the right and you'll see the Volume option.

Wow, not sure how I missed that. Thanks though!

Mark_Kemper
Level 7
All of that just to turn this thing up and down ? WOW How about a volume button. For $300, I feel I could've at least had that option.

@MARK

That's what the OS control for volume is for.... 90% of people with this monitor a) disable the sound capability or b) use as a placeholder.

FWIW - a separate button x2 for volume up / down, would mean 8 buttons on the bottom of the monitor, and with an already odd way of workin the OSD, plus the increased potential of failure points, i think it's a fair call.

Though I do get your point, especially from a cost perspective, and it being "high tier"

But thinking about it.... I wish it didn't even HAVE built in speakers. I don't know why they even included them, probably because a 120hz of a competitor had it.

-TimJohniLL