cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VI Impact - Supported CPU coolers.

Gomi__
Level 7
Been unable to find a list of supported CPU coolers - The two daughterboards can make it tricky, unless using a custom loop or an AIO unit, to find out whether or not a CPU cooler will actually fit the IMPACT.

Therefore I made this thread for people to list THEIR setup - Pictures are always welcome - Remember to also state what type of RAM you are using.

I have the Prolimatech Genesis on the way - Highly doubt the oddly formed cooler will actually fit the IMPACT - Time will tell, and if not I can always send it back.
29 REPLIES 29

Peacetilence
Level 7
Noctua NH-L12 (w/o 90mm fan) in a Lian-Li TU200 case:

Possibly a Prolimatech Samuel 17 will fit, installed one on a Z87I-Deluxe w/ a GELID Slim 12 PL fan:

xbrytanx
Level 7
it's called EVGA mini ITX ACX CPU Cooler
Maximus VI Impact /4770K
around 30 sets of DDR3
SeaSonic X-1250
WinXP stripped

Peacetilence wrote:
Noctua NH-L12 (w/o 90mm fan) in a Lian-Li TU200 case:

Possibly a Prolimatech Samuel 17 will fit, installed one on a Z87I-Deluxe w/ a GELID Slim 12 PL fan:

Thank you for the input - Exactly what this thread needs! 🙂

xbrytanx wrote:

Interesting - Looking forward seeing reviews of the cooler - The size looks about right, wondering about the performance.

xbrytanx wrote:

I just don't think I could recommend that EVGA cooler to people. It had better be a very inexpensive option since its using those terrible plastic mounts. I managed to fit a Noctua NH-C12P SE14 on mine in an SG08.

OMGBEES wrote:
I managed to fit a Noctua NH-C12P SE14 on mine in an SG08.

Can you post photos of it installed? Curious what orientation you used with that Noctua cooler. - Thanks

Hey guys, I'm thinking of putting this board in the new Corsair Obisdian 250D, with the case being so small it only has 95mm of clearance above the board.

Now I ended up looking at the Noctua NH-L12 cooler, but with its large footprint of 123x150mm, can I orient it so that I can still fit two low profile RAM's and a double sized graphics card? I thought perhaps by facing the heatpipes away from the RAM slots it might all fit...barely?

ioverclockOK
Level 7
Phanteks PH-TC12DX fits, with some memory slot issues.
Cooler alone fits with no clearance issues. As soon as 2 fans are installed, users have only access to one DIMM. Both DIMMS can be used if low profile memory kits are used.

Classic_GOD
Level 10
In the ocaholic.ch review gallery you can also see that Phanteks PH-TC14PE fits (and looks funny 😄 ).

http://www.ocaholic.ch/modules/xcgal/displayimage.php?album=3122&pos=104

ebulbul
Level 7
This thread should be a sticky. There is so much confusion and little to no support from ASUS about heatsink compatibility. It would be really nice if we could see a list of compatible heatsinks particularly low profile coolers such as Zalman CNPS8900 or Thermalright AXP 100/200.