w_ftw
Level 7
spec:
1050 crosshair PSU
AMD 8core 4ghz
16gb crosshair vengence RAM
kingston 240gb ssd
ASUS GTX 770 OC graphic card

hello, i got my self an Razer Tiamat 7,1 surround headset for gaming but the sound is really bad and cant hear eny footsteps or stuff when im playing FPS games how comes ? is it the bad onboard Soundcard on my sabertooth board? i didnt have eny problems with sounds with my Steelseries headset...
3 REPLIES 3

Chino
Level 15
Welcome to the ROG forums, w_ftw@live.dk.

It depends on the game if it has true 7.1 support. Not all games support 7.1 audio. So start by verifying if the game you're playing has that support and is configured properly to use it.

The next thing I'd look at is the bundled software that came with your Tiamat. Usually headsets don't come preconfigured to suit all users. Configure it to your liking. 😉

lonfa
Level 7
Hi w_ftw@live.dk,
I'd just brought my Sabertooth 900fx R2.0 (June 13) and built the system and the onboard sound stopped working(2 days!),Spent a day trying to sort the problem, RMA board- was told by shop and:long story-short> ended up buying a Creative Sound Blaster Z to get me by until I could take the board back. (I'm in the outback of Western Australia and trips to town,-Perth, happen twice/three times a year-the mail is quick but!)
Outcome-- The onboard sound was rubbish even before it stopped working and the soundcard is SO much better! and it's setup for Gaming..

anyway-My experience
-may help-

Good Luck!
lonfa

Goodgulf
Level 7
I have a Creative soundblaster FX and it seems to be incompatible with the Asus Sabertooth. It's not recognised.