cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Laptop freezes while playing

y0da67
Level 7
Hello.
I bought a Asus G750JX-T4145H and I must admit that I am very disappointed so far.
First of all I deleted the partitions too make room for my 140+ steam games.
One hard drive is for Windows + programs and the other one is for my steam games.

The problem is when I am playing a game it randomly freezes for 1-2 second wich is really annoying.
I tried it offine with a single player mission from Counter Strike Condition Zero (old game) but i experience it in every game, dungeon defenders, dead island etc...

I defragmented my hard drives, used several nvidia drivers but it didn't change.
I made a full restore but again that didn't work.
I also put my steam games on my OS hard drive but that didn't change anything.

I really don't know where it comes from.
Could you help me please?
Thank you
13 REPLIES 13

iweber95
Level 7
are you putting your games on an ssd or a normal hdd? Also are you running any overclocks?
ASUS G750JX
CPU: Intel Quad Core I7-4700HQ @ 3.4GHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 770M @ 932Mhz
RAM: 16GB
Memory: 1TB + 256GB SSD

iweber95 wrote:
are you putting your games on an ssd or a normal hdd? Also are you running any overclocks?

Normal HDD built-in. No overclock, stock driver, complete new installation.
I may be wrong but if i do not install the windows updates it doesn't freeze (not sure).

Power pack is plugged in. Here you got some screenshots. You may need google translate.

Thank you for your quick help, you'll get a little reward if you help me to fix it 😉

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
How full are your hard drives? is one question that springs to mind and also, do you have the power pack plugged in while gaming?

iweber95
Level 7
all your nvidia drivers are up to date? Is the laptop plugged in? If not try running with lower settings. Also try running as administrator/win7 compatibility mode
ASUS G750JX
CPU: Intel Quad Core I7-4700HQ @ 3.4GHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 770M @ 932Mhz
RAM: 16GB
Memory: 1TB + 256GB SSD

Drivers are updated, laptop is plugged in.
If a game like CS 1.6 freezes, what could be wrong...?

Flea0
Level 10
does this happen even if you install a game on the other hard drive?
ASUS G750JX -- i7-4700 - 16GB - 128GB 840 PRO SSD + 1TB HDD - Nvidia GTX 770M - 120Hz 3D glossy display

y0da67
Level 7
Yes I tried installing Steam + cs 1.6 on the Os partition, same problem

kra1t
Level 7
Hey i have exactly the same problem with my g750jx, im playing ghosts and it freezes for 2 seconds, never at the same time. specially if i try and use the sniper when ... it will freeze for sure. all stock, plugged in. i have no idea might have to send it in because so much money for a freezing laptop is annoying

PS: i do think its this 8.1 installation, but cant really confirm since i would have to do a clean installation 😞

Vital1ty
Level 7
I also Freeze after installing Dirt 3 and its audio codec. deleted restarted and stopped Freeze
G750JX-CV161H