cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPU advice!

Zekek
Level 7
GPU advice!
Hello, so I have a Asus ROG CG8565 and I am planning to upgarde the GPU!

So my specs are:
--GTX590 SLI
--i7 2600k CPU @ 3.40GHZ
--Motherboard: Asustek computer inc. CG8565.
Pretty much standard.

So I was thinking about GTX 770 SLI. Any thoughts or other reccomendations? hoping to run BF4 and some other games maxed out.
10 REPLIES 10

Chino
Level 15
What resolution do you game at? And what graphic setting is acceptable for you? Medium, High, Very High or Ultra? Most important, what is your budget?

Zekek
Level 7
1920x1080. Well Ultra with be awesome! (would accept min High). Arround 800-900 euros!

Chino
Level 15
Any particular reason why you want to upgrade from a GTX 590 SLI? It's still a very powerful setup and should be able to play all of the modern games on Ultra settings at 1080p. It will be hard to find a combination that's in the range of 800-900 euros that will be able to surpass a GTX 590 SLI.

Zekek
Level 7
well i am a little worried over the BF4 recommended requirements. According to it I should upgrade my GPU as it lacks VRAM(1.5gb VRAM)... I was kinda dissapointed as I also thought i had a good setup....

Chino
Level 15
Actually, I'm still wondering about the 3GB of VRAM that EA is recommending users have. Having tons of VRAM is beneficial when gaming on higher resolutions. But I don't see how one can possibly use up to 3GB of VRAM gaming on one monitor.

Nevertheless, if you're going for a 2 way GTX 770 SLI, make sure you get the 4GB models and not the 2GB models.

Zekek
Level 7
yes was thinking about that! thanks! Still i was wondering if it would be a good choice... I have this gpu for a while now and i was saving up some money to spend in GPU for this winter season.. 🙂

Chino
Level 15

Zekek
Level 7
I have an SSD already, but hmm thanks for the advice will keep it in mind! 🙂 +1 for being so friendly and polite 🙂

HiVizMan
Level 40
I would hang on for now, your VGA is strong and it might be worth your while to hold on for a month or two.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.