Page 67 of 106 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Hi Nodens, my MB will be shipped soon but reading some reviews I hear some folks have issue with 1 or 2 ram slots when they installed their 64gb kit, I personally ordered my MB with a 16gb (4x4) kit and wondering if there is a way to test every single ram slot with my 16gb kit without actually having to buy a full 64gb kit. Any help is appreciated.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Installation went smoothly for me, only one mishap. I had the OC panel in the top quick disconnect and was pushing the connector in from the back. Apparently, I didn't have the quick disconnect fully locked down, as I put some force into inserting the plug the panel went flying out the front! Whoops, no harm done though apparently. I'm actually surprised at the quality of the panel, it's a nice bit of kit for sure.

I have to admit, I was a bit nervous installing that CPU. One mistake there would have been a very expensive couple of seconds. Finally, when I went to hit the power button, everything powered up but no display, and code 34. The no display was my 7970 apparently being picky about which video ports you fill first, but once I got into the bios the memory profiles pointed right to slots A1 and A2 being faulty. A quick re-seating had all systems go.

I'll reiterate what's been said, the BIOS POST issues seem to be a non-problem. Most times, I'm into windows before my monitor has even come out of power savings. I'm also impressed with the 5 GHz AC band, with suboptimal antenna placement on both ends, through several walls, I'm getting 585 Mbps to my router and have no trouble saturating my provider's download speed limit, clocking in around 7.8 MB/s. A nice bonus, as I won't have to worry about running an LAN line any time soon.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5039 (2).jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	227.0 KB 
ID:	30290

Super Moderator - Coderat Array Nodens PC Specs
    Nodens PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS GL702VW-GC004T
    MotherboardRampage V Extreme Edition 10
    ProcessorIntel 3930K C2
    Memory (part number)CMZ16GX3M4X2133C11
    Graphics Card #1ASUS STRIX-GTX970-DC2OC-4GD5
    MonitorASUS VG278H
    Storage #13x OCZ Vertex 3 240 (RAID5 - LSI 9361-8i)
    Storage #23x WD2003FYYS (RAID5 - LSI 9361-8i)
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i + 4x Noctua NF-P12
    CaseCoolermaster HAF-X
    Power SupplySeasonic X-1250
    Keyboard Razer Anansi
    Mouse Logitech G502
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64
    Network RouterLinksys E4200v2 (running TomatoUSB/Toastman firmware)

Quote Originally Posted by Siamak8286 View Post
    Hi Nodens, my MB will be shipped soon but reading some reviews I hear some folks have issue with 1 or 2 ram slots when they installed their 64gb kit, I personally ordered my MB with a 16gb (4x4) kit and wondering if there is a way to test every single ram slot with my 16gb kit without actually having to buy a full 64gb kit. Any help is appreciated.
    Ram slots can be tested by simply connecting a single RAM module to one slot and test. Repeat for all slots.

That said, the sheer majority of non-working RAM slots are due to users bending a CPU pin or two. Be careful when you install your cooler or waterblock. Don't overtighten it.

Other ways you can get a RAM module not detected in a slot:
    a) Module not seated properly.
    b) Slot too tight and takes several reseatings to loosen it up (I actually had this issue on my RIVE when I first got it. I had to reseat the module like 30 times before the board registered it and it's fine ever since.

Actual boards with faulty RAM slots are extremely rare. The IMC is on the CPU, so the board provides mostly traces. If far easier to get a bad CPU that's causing slots not to be detected than a board.
    Last edited by Nodens; 11-27-2013 at 06:07 PM.
    RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
    There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

Quote Originally Posted by Nodens View Post
    Ram slots can be tested by simply connecting a single RAM module to one slot and test. Repeat for all slots.

That said, the sheer majority of non-working RAM slots are due to users bending a CPU pin or two. Be careful when you install your cooler or waterblock. Don't overtighten it.

Other ways you can get a RAM module not detected in a slot:
    a) Module not seated properly.
    b) Slot too tight and takes several reseatings to loosen it up (I actually had this issue on my RIVE when I first got it. I had to reseat the module like 30 times before the board registered it and it's fine ever since.

Actual boards with faulty RAM slots are extremely rare. The IMC is on the CPU, so the board provides mostly traces. If far easier to get a bad CPU that's causing slots not to be detected than a board.
    Thank you so much for reply, so basically I can just grab a single ram module and put it in every single slot and the MB should post? I had the impression that you need to fill certain slots before other ram slot become usable??
    Last edited by Siamak8286; 11-27-2013 at 06:34 PM.

Nodens PC Specs
    ProcessorIntel 3930K C2
    MonitorASUS VG278H
    CaseCoolermaster HAF-X
    Keyboard Razer Anansi
    Mouse Logitech G502
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64

No it would POST normally. Suggested module placements have to do with channel configuration and performance. The board should POST properly with a DIMM in any slot.
    RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
    There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

No it would POST normally. Suggested module placements have to do with channel configuration and performance. The board should POST properly with a DIMM in any slot.
    Cool, thank you again for clearing things up and your contribution to these forums. If its not an issue i'll sure hit you up in case i run into any complications with my MB.

Nodens PC Specs
    ProcessorIntel 3930K C2
    MonitorASUS VG278H
    CaseCoolermaster HAF-X
    Keyboard Razer Anansi
    Mouse Logitech G502
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64

No problem. Feel free to post if you have any other questions or an issue. That's what we're here for

RealBench Developer.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I cannot seem to find the manual on the OC panel that's included with the RIVEBE. Could some please link me to it?
    Intel 3770K 4.4ghz, 1.24v. . . . . . . . . . . . . .Intel 4930k 4.7ghz 1.37v
    32 gGSkill DR3Trident 2400mhz 1.65v. . . .32 g 1866 Vengeance Pro
    ASUS M5G. Noctua D14. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . H110. Noctua A14x4
    prime95 stable 78degrees. . . . . . . . . . . . . IBT 75 degrees
    OCZ V4 OS. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . EVO 1TB
    Seasonic 700w. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1200AX
    All tucked into Lian Li A05. . . . . . . . . . . . . .Fractal Midiv2

Quote Originally Posted by Explosteevo View Post
    I feel sorry for their shareholders....
    I think shareholders are actually quite happy, the board is selling.

And when they were available in China, people from the USA complained. And when they'll be available in Europe, somewhere else someone else will complain.
    They are manufactured in China, I wouldn't complain when they would be sold in China first. That's right of the company that makes them, and employees would be quite pissed off when they would have to wait when they are making it.

I wouldn't complain even against Newegg to have an agreement to receive a batch as one of first foreign shops. When they would get 190 MBs and perhaps one small batch more to cover bystanders, and then they would need to wait as the rest of the world for the new batch. However if Asus would cover all needs of NA first, EU/Russia and rest of the world would see NA gets preferential treatment, and they wouldn't be happy about that.

In addition when NA would be fully stocked first, Chinese/EU/Russia users would buy from NA. So lets calculate, 400 would go to Taiwan, 500 from Taiwan would go to US. I guess Taiwan/Chinese government wouldn't be happy about this bit negative trade balance.

If I didn't calculate it wrong and X79-DELUXE was released in the same week, it has at least one week delay which is bit surprising.

If the distributor is moving the date then it means something is happening. Eg the transit service delayed or customs or whatever. Be sure that they make far more than 1000 boards for Europe.
    Well, it can conflict with xmass period, and if you like to fight hordes of rich *******s, well you have bit Sweden like appetite. In addition there were bit changes (negative) in monetary ratio between euro and chips used as monetary payment in country I'm now, and it would continue for a while. (Basically half of heatsink worthy changes which results in higher prices.)

Then I also wanted to do some reviews, just for kicks, and it might interfere with my "hey you are working hard and I have a lot free time as a long term unemployed person with disability papers", visit to overworked people I didn't see for a 2 years, also I wanted to taste theirs xmass cookies.

Obviously cookies will NOT wait.

Actually it's not that they make boards for any continent. They just make boards. It's the regional ASUS for each country that orders a specific amount of boards which depends on the their market estimations and Retailer demand. And they send them that amount. That is why only they can give you date estimations.
    Well, but they must have some shipment policy.

Actually I kinda wonder about what type of sales would get this board. Big initial, then low for rest of the year, or continual. This big early demand is because some users delayed theirs MB because they waited for this board.
    Last edited by Raghar; 11-27-2013 at 08:16 PM.

ROG Member Array

I ordered a pre-built system on the 3rd of October from Overclockers UK (I know, I could have built it my self, but I wanted a warranty, as it will be used for Uni and I cant afford to fix any problems that may occur my self). When I placed the order, I was told the board was over due and would have the system built and to me within 2 weeks.

After a week the date changed, it was pushed back to the 8th November, I was happy to wait as I didn't need the system till the latest of mid December and I wanted that specific board. They told me the push back was by Asus and something to do with shipping. On the 8th November the date changed to overdue again, after ringing them I was told Asus were shipping the boards to them on the 15th and my system should start being built on the 18th.

On the 18th I rang up just to check and was told they had them and my system would start being built on a 2 day rush. Two days later (20th) I rang up and was told that the shipment they thought had the BE's on, only had the standards RE's. They've also said after contacting Asus they have no clear date and that they wont be getting any within the next 2 weeks and at worst it could be after Christmas/New Year.

Now I'm not placing blame here as I don't know whether Overclockers UK are telling the truth, but they've given me two set dates the 8th and 18th of November and then blamed Asus for not shipping them. Overclockers UK have been more than accommodating though, they've given me money back (over £150) as some parts of the system are now cheaper (gpu, ssd, and hdd) than when I ordered, there also doing a 2 day build and ship as I've had to wait longer than stated and there also

Up until now, I've been more than happy to wait, as I wanted the board and new it had not been released when I ordered it. It's getting close though, I have work I need to render out before the 16th December for Uni and need a system that can handle the render it before then. I hate to say it, but I'm now having to face the real possibility that I may have to choose another board (which makes me sad, was really excited about getting BE) if there is no news within the next week or so.

Anyway's, here's a question to go with my rambling's.

If I have to choose another board, what should I choose. I prefer Asus (always have) and more preferable a ROG board. The specs are as folllows:

CM Storm Trooper Windowed Case
    Rampage IV Extreme Black Edition X79 Mobo
    4930K 3.40GHz @ 4.2GHz
    EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Superclock
    Vengeance Pro Silver 16GB (2x8GB) 1866MHz
    Samsung 120GB SSD 840 EVO
    WD Caviar Black 2TB
    Asus 24x DVD-RW
    Corsair HX 1050W PSU
    XSPC Raystorm 750 EX240 CPU Cooling Kit
    XSPC Raystorm Green LED Kit
    Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit
    BitFenix Spectre PRO 120mm Fan Green LED
    BitFenix Spectre PRO 140mm Fan Green LED

What do people think of the system as well.

Thanks for reading my ramblings and will post some pics if I get it before changing the board.

Page 67 of 106 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 ... LastLast