cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the life expectancy of the MOBKUL mouse?

Dan-in-TX
Level 7
My G55VW came with the MOBKUL mouse. Since the trackpad on this thing doesn't seem to know what palm rejection is, I use the mouse almost exclusively when I'm using the laptop. I don't play games with it, so it's not getting abused other than the clicking that is involved in normal daily operations. Up until a month ago, most operation of the laptop was through remote desktop, so the I/O hardware wasn't even being utilized on a daily basis.

The problem I'm having with it is that clicks aren't being registered. I'll have to left click at least twice about 80% of the time, and sometimes three times before the click registers. This has been happening for about three to four weeks now, and just this week the "Page back" button (default configuration, I don't know the button number) is starting to do the same thing.

What is the life expectancy of this mouse? Is there a warranty on it, since it came with the laptop?
3 REPLIES 3

Dan-in-TX
Level 7
Yo, ASUS, you paying any attention down here?

It's gotten worse. Button 1 works 30% of the time, buttons 4 and 5 have stopped working altogether.

I've found the warranty card that came with the mouse, but this mouse is not listed anywhere on the support site so I can't initiate a replacement. Do I need to pick up the phone, or what?

abvolt
Level 11
That's a tough question I've owned a lot of them over the years. Like any piece of electronic gear the reality is "here today gone tomorrow" sorry. Get a corsair M65 it's by far the best mouse I have ever owned.
Current: MSI Xpower Gaming Titanium | 7700K | G Skill Ripjaws V 3000 16Gb | 960 EVO 500Gb | Intel 730 480Gb | Seasonic 1000 Platinum |
NZXT X62 | Acer XB270HU | EVGA 1080 ti FTW3

Secondary: R4BE | 4930K | G.SKILL 2400 16GB | Corsair AX 1500i
Intel 730 240GB + 480GB | EVGA GTX780 ti sli kpe | Custom H20

Dan-in-TX
Level 7
I've got a 6+ year old Logitech MX510 - before they made them wireless - on the other laptop. If Logitech made the MX510 as a Bluetooth mouse instead of their proprietary 2.4GHz, I would have already bought it and tossed this "Gaming" mouse in the trash. For the last two days I've been getting the Windows "Device disconnected" and "Device Connected" tones, and the only thing plugged into the laptop is the mouse.