cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with HDD Cloning to a new SSD on a G55

lennyix
Level 7
I'm experiencing so many fails and errors trying to clone my hard drive to a new ssd. I have a 500gb hard drive, bought a Samsung 840 evo 1tb and it's giving me hell to clone. I used the Samsung data migration software, error occurs 19 seconds into "cloning" indicating that it failed to retrieve drive source information. I even called a Samsung tech, and he was unable to assist me. Ok, well.. I bought more software and transfer cables to give that a shot. Ezgig, apricorn, easeus and more.. Is there something going on here? I really cant wait to use my new ssd, just unable to make a clone. Any Idea's?
1 REPLY 1

Clintlgm
Level 14
If you haven't damaged you Hard Drive and its still working. Try Macrium reflect this program has worked for many here.
Issues you may encounter Hard drive is UEFI GPT, SSD should be clean, if by chance you initialized it BIOS MBR you may have issues, So go into CMD, Run As Administrator, CD to your SSD Root then type Clean this will remove all formatting everything you will have a clean disk to clone your hard drive to using Macrium Reflect.

You may need to go in to the BIOS and disable Secure boot, and enable CSM. Won't hurt to disable needed or not.

Good Luck and let us know how it all comes out.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro