cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G750JH avilable in USA model

fab5yo
Level 7
So it for sale to purchaser. i am very scared it not going to be the glossy screen 3d model but i am going order it anyway and see what happens. Here the web sits to buy and any info on this would be great and by the way i just called ASUS and asked if they could conform the screen and the rep could not conform if it was a matte or the glossy 120hz screen but he did say he think it the glossy but he could be wrong and was not able to pull up any notes or information on the screen on the screen.

http://www.excaliberpc.com/626055/asus-g750jh-db71-17.3-rog-laptop.html#TabSpecification

Amazon.com sold buy the same seller.
15 REPLIES 15

hmscott
Level 12
fab5yo, it clearly states in the brief description and in the specifications that it is the non-glare (matte) display. And mentions nothing about 3D or Glossy.

ASUS G750JH-DB71 Intel Haswell Core i7-4700HQ (2.40GHz) Processor, 17.3" Full HD (1920 x 1080) *** Matte LED Display ***, 24GB DDR3 1600MHz Memory, SSD RAID (128GB SSD x 2) + 1TB Hard Drive, Blu-ray Burner, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4GB GDDR5 Graphics Card, Microsoft Windows 8 64 Bit, Thunderbolt, Killer WLAN, Illuminated Keyboard

Display & Graphics
LCD Display 17.3" Full HD (1920x1080) LED non-glare Display
Graphics Controller NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4GB GDDR5 Graphics Card
Video Camera HD Web Camera

If you, like me, want the glossy/3D 120hz display we will need to wait.

fab5yo
Level 7
I just placed my order. So wish me luck and let hope it a Glossy 3D 120HZ screen.

fab5yo wrote:
I just placed my order. So wish me luck and let hope it a Glossy 3D 120HZ screen.

You can email / call excaliberpc and discuss it with them directly to avoid disappointment. They will likely not ship till tomorrow - US companies are closed now overnight and ship the next day.

fab5yo
Level 7
yEAH I UNDER STAND THAT BUT FOR THE g750jh ca WHICH THE Canada version and in some of it listing it say 120HZ screen and other say Matte screen. Here one

http://www.amazon.com/G750JH-QS71-CB-17-3-inch-i7-4700HQ-24GB-DDR3-Bilingual/dp/B00EPPXB34/ref=sr_1_...

http://www.amazon.com/G750JH-DB72-CA-Republic-17-3-inch-i7-4700HQ-16GB-DDR3/dp/B00EPPHLU8/ref=sr_1_3...

http://www.ncix.ca/products/?sku=89014&vpn=G750JH-DB72-CA&manufacture=ASUS#Specifications

and in the last post i did on ROG there was this guy that comfermed that it was a Glossy #D screen after the everyone of these seller state other wise. unless some on ROG can comform it it is a 3D screen on the Canada version of the ASUS G750JH-DB72 i7-4700HQ

Cykon
Level 7
Generally you should call the distributor(EXCALIBERPC) instead, not the manufacturer(ASUS) as they should know the exact specifications of the SKU that they are selling. And if you look closely at "Highlights" under the General section of the specifications you can clearly read: 17.3" Full HD (1920 x 1080) Matte LED Display.

fab5yo
Level 7
OK friends at ROG i cancelled my order and i will call them to see what up before i buy. but i think there going to tell me that they can not check the box which would say if it a matte, glossy 3D 120hz screen on the side and just say the spec are from Asus. which are not accurate most of the time. The only i would know is if one of the reps at ExcaliberPC went and look at the Asus laptop box not buy the spec from ASUS

fab5yo wrote:
OK friends at ROG i cancelled my order and i will call them to see what up before i buy. but i think there going to tell me that they can not check the box which would say if it a matte, glossy 3D 120hz screen on the side and just say the spec are from Asus. which are not accurate most of the time. The only i would know is if one of the reps at ExcaliberPC went and look at the Asus laptop box not buy the spec from ASUS

Find the configuration dash number that has the 3D 120hz screen, and then the vendor that is offering it, and order it from them after confirming by phone/email what they are actually shipping.

Please post back here what G750JH configuration dash number has the 3D Glasses/Screen - IDK right now myself 🙂

Each box has a long label with the exact items that are included in the configuration in the box, including the screen and whether it has 3D Glasses (required if it has a 3D screen), etc. If the box doesn't say it has 3d Glasses, it doesn't have a 3D screen.

Asus spec are accurate, but you must persist in finding the exact spec on the box that is going to be shipped to you before giving them a pile of $ 🙂

The G750JH-DB72 on amazon says a 120hz screen is ***optional***, but doesn't say anything about including 3d Glasses, so you will need to ask them to get the box and read the contents to you over the phone or send you a scan/photo of the list via email to verify before ordering.

And, silly as it sounds - ask them to send you the box that they read the contents from and not another box from inventory 🙂

http://www.amazon.com/G750JH-DB72-CA-Republic-17-3-inch-i7-4700HQ-16GB-DDR3/dp/B00EPPHLU8/ref=sr_1_1...

Gamebouncer
Level 7
IMHO there is nothing wrong with the matte screen. Loving mine for gaming (don't require 3D). Even my wife who has zero interest in "quality" saw me playing FFXIV and was impressed so much she wants her glossy screen changed on her XPS lol!

OK friend On ROG this U.S. model JH dose not have a Glossy 3D 120hz screen. I had a Rep from ExcaliberPC check the book for me and he conformed that there was no where on back and the side sticker say any such information he said all it say 17.3 FVW 1920*1080 matte screen So i ended up buy the G750JX-TB71 for 1499.99 and i think i got a great deal for what i got with this model compared to DB71 JX that cost 1899.99 i was not willing to pay an extra 400.00 for a ssd and non blu-ray drive. I can add a SSD later but who know I think i won't need it since my JX has 750gb (7200RPM) sound good to me.