cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAXIMUS VI EXTREME and Corsair H100i problem?

Rimc_LT
Level 7
Hello, I just have 1 question (for now) I have M6E and 100i after installing h100i CPU back plate for holding it it is too loose. It looks like this 26112 (image not from my board but it is same as on mine board) Question is Will H100i wont be to loose on CPU as I read on the internet whit other asus boards due to PCB is smaller then others. Anyone who have M6E and H100i please answer.
8 REPLIES 8

Spudinske
Level 7
I have the hero but on that I had to put some rubber washers on the backplate of the h100i for it to make solid contact. Don't know why only some people run into that problem though.

HiVizMan
Level 40
I am at a loss why you have had that, I certainly do not have that issue.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
I am at a loss why you have had that, I certainly do not have that issue.

Don't you have clearance like in the picture?

Hopper64
Level 15
I had the same problem with my M6E and used rubber washers between the backplate and the board to fix it as suggested.
MZ790A Bios 2002, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, 13900KS, EKWB D5 TBE 300, Seasonic Prime TX-1600 ATX 3.0, Asus Strix 4090 w/ Optimus block, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, Asus Claymore 2, Asus Gladius 3, Asus XG349C, Samsung 990, Windows 11 Pro

HiVizMan
Level 40
Nope my fittings are flush.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

I had the same problem with my Maximus VI Formula. The depth of the CPU block will compensate for the gap. Just install the cpu block and tigthen it down; I promise you it will fit nice and snug 🙂

COLDSTATIC
Level 8
Should of went with the x60 Kraken 😛
4770k | Asus Hero | G.Skill Trident 2400 32gb | Samsung 840 pro 256gb
NZXT Kraken x60 | Asus GTX780 Direct CU ii OC | Razer tiamat 7.1
Razer Imperator | Razer Nostromo | Antec High current pro 850
Thermaltake Xaser Vi | Windows 8.1 64bit