ROG Member Array

ASUS G75VW-NH71 won't recognize my SSD

i got my ASUS G75VW-NH71 ssd install and it came with Win8, i added Kingstone Hyperx 120GB SSD,

the device manage can recognize it also the bios when i set the ACHI, raid and IDE yet i can't use the SSD as a booting option, it is not select able....

can you tell me how to install win7/win8 on the SSD, i prefer win7 ofc :P

ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array Clintlgm PC Specs
    Clintlgm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G752VY DH72
    MotherboardAsus Z97 Pro WiFi and /Z97 Pro A
    ProcessorI7 4790K
    Storage #1512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    Storage #21 TB Samsun 850 Pro
    CaseCool Master Haf
    OS Win 8.1 Pro and Win 10 Pro

Either one you will need to set up a USB Chip set up to boot and install UEFI GPT. There is a program being used successfully Rufus

In the BIOS you will need to disable secure boot and enable CSM

Remove any secondary hard drive, Install your SSD to the 0 Slot should be the one on the right with the NB bottom side up to work on the drive bays
    Detailed Guides are located here

Since your NB came with Win 8, I would highly recommend that you create a Restore Media using Asus Backtracker That way you will have a way to recover your system to factory condition if needed.

Don't put your secondary hard drive back in until you have fully installed Windows, Chipset drivers, IRST drivers, NVidia driver and all other hardware driver updated, Windows updated completely. By now your boot has been confirmed you should test everything Stress test GPU and CPU, Wlan, Lan etc. Ok your convinced your notebook hardware is working and your Windows is solid. Put your secondary drive back in to slot 1, and install your software/games. enjoy your notebook.
    G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
    512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
    980m GTX 4 GB
    32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
    Windows 10 Pro
    Z97 -A
    Windows 10 Pro

ROG Member Array

kind of hard to understand this :< sorry ><;

ROG Member Array

oh it is kind of easy after reading will go for it ^^ and update you later :P

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array GottiBoi55's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clintlgm View Post
    Either one you will need to set up a USB Chip set up to boot and install UEFI GPT. There is a program being used successfully Rufus

In the BIOS you will need to disable secure boot and enable CSM

Remove any secondary hard drive, Install your SSD to the 0 Slot should be the one on the right with the NB bottom side up to work on the drive bays
    Detailed Guides are located here

Since your NB came with Win 8, I would highly recommend that you create a Restore Media using Asus Backtracker That way you will have a way to recover your system to factory condition if needed.

Don't put your secondary hard drive back in until you have fully installed Windows, Chipset drivers, IRST drivers, NVidia driver and all other hardware driver updated, Windows updated completely. By now your boot has been confirmed you should test everything Stress test GPU and CPU, Wlan, Lan etc. Ok your convinced your notebook hardware is working and your Windows is solid. Put your secondary drive back in to slot 1, and install your software/games. enjoy your notebook.

I agree, it's best to remove the secondary drive to prevent drive confusion!
    GottiBoi55
    Asus
    G750JZ-DS71 Windows 10 Pro (x64)
    Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
    Samsung
    24GB Memory DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
    SanDisk
    M.2 SSD 2x128GB in Raid 0 / WD-HGST-1TB HDD 7500-RPM
    NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
    Second Monitor: Shar
    p Aquos 32"