cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video/Sound lag/stutter problem as of recent

oblivion2k
Level 7
Hello everyone. I've owned my G75VW For quite some time now. My video card is the GTX660m and i have never had a problem with any type of lag or stutter in any game, or during any use of this laptop. But as of recently, about 2-3 weeks ago i started getting this 3-5 second 'lag' or 'stutter' spike where my video and sound both 'lag' or 'delay' 'stutter' . I'm not quite 100% sure how to explain what it's doing but it does this maybe once every hour or two. it does not matter if i am playing a game, or just browsing the web, it will do it reguardless. I've updated my BIOS, my video card drivers, and sound drivers to the latest. My power mode is on high performance and my laptop is plugged in. Again this just recently started happening out of no where, and i did not change any settings. Is anyone else getting this problem or know what im talking about and have some sort of solution? Thank you
4 REPLIES 4

oblivion2k
Level 7
Also, forgot to mention, i am using Windows 8 pro 64 bit. But again i have been using this setup for a long time now, and this only just started happening out of no where.

What information can you get from Event Viewer? It sounds like something is hogging up your resources, Perhaps a back up running in the background, Malware, Virus??? something trying to update
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

ggBanks
Level 10
I have something similar! Well, my opinion on this topic is that there is insufficient bandwidth when it comes to data transfer from the HDD. Now I know it sounds stupid and its just a speculation, but bare with me here. So what I have in my G55 is: SSD plugged into the original SATA3 port of the computer, and the 750GB SSH drive which came with the laptop as I purchased it, I put in the optical drive bay via a caddy. I play a lot of CS:GO and A weak a go I had it installed on my SSD and it ran fine, but what happened is that with time my SSD got full and I had to free some space, so I moved the CS:GO to the HDD in the optical bay. After moving it there and I tried to play the game, the same thing happened to me the video and sound spikes and stutters, like every 10-20 seconds it will freeze for a half a second or so. The stutters are really fast, like the connection between the HDD and the mother board doesn't have that fast transfer for the necessary files to be loaded or something like that. After that frustration I reinstalled the game once again on my SSD and everything worked like a charm. In my opinion this is a hardware problem or some sort of incompatibility. At least that's my take on the topic.

Perret
Level 7
For those of you with stuttering audio problems, try updating the LAN driver (I have a G75VW with the Atheros 8151 chipset). This was the one major cause of stuttering audio for me, regardless of whether the LAN was being used or not. It would also cause spikes that would appear as if the NVIDIA drivers were doing something wrong, but those disappeared after I updated the LAN drivber.

Disabling the LAN adapter would also help, but then I would get issues with various audio software (e.g. Waves plugins) thinking it now was a different computer due to hardware ID changes when disabling the LAN driver.

So, try the latest drivers directly from Qualcomm: http://www.atheros.com/corporate/content.php?nav1=146