cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xonar Phoebus Solo does not appear when starting the PC

OMM2013
Level 7
Hello. I have a problem with my ROG Xonar Phoebus sound card only. I do not Recognize it when I boot the computer for the first time. Once started I have to restart and then it Detects. Always so.
I have the latest drivers for all equipment with W August 64 Bits

Can you help me fix it?

I leave my components of my PC

Thanks and regards

NZXT Switch 810
Thermaltake TPX-1475m
Asrock Z77 Extreme6
Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 MHz
Crucial M4 CT256M4SSD2
G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 32GB
Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H100
CF of 2 Sapphire Radeon HD7970 3 GB
11 REPLIES 11

Luxion
Level 7
I've run into this issue on rare occasion, but nowhere near consistently; it sounds like the card's not being detected properly on any cold boot in this case, and that should come down to either the PCIe slot the card is in or the power connector plugged into it (if memory serves you absolutely have to have a 6-pin power cable plugged into it). I might make sure the card itself is firmly seated in its slot, and that its PCIe power cable is secure as well (if you can, switching its power cable might be an option at this point). Worst case, uninstall the drivers and pull/reseat the card entirely--maybe move it to a different slot if everything else fails, just to eliminate that possibility.

OMM2013
Level 7
Luxion Thanks for your answer but having CF with 2 7970 have no more place to put it.

I tried to change the cable, source, reinstalling drivers .... do not know what else to do.

Any reason you can't place it in the 1x pci slot at the top of the board? I'm guessing you are using the full pci-express slot.

KILLER_K wrote:
Any reason you can't place it in the 1x pci slot at the top of the board? I'm guessing you are using the full pci-express slot.

Hi. Look . I have no more room 😞

and this a original mother board

Luxion
Level 7
I can't tell what that card in the very bottom PCIe slot is, but since it's apparently the only other available slot you have...perhaps switching the cards around is an option?

jempski
Level 7
placing it into another pcie slot doesn't help. been there, done that, same fail. under W7-64bit and under W8-64bit. asus shouldn't release products with alpha-drivers...........

cx-ray
Level 12
This possibly isn't simply just a driver issue. It could be related to your motherboard BIOS or FW of the sound card. I tested the Phoebus on two Asus motherboards (RIIE and RIVE). In my situation the sound card didn't appear to like routing through the Southbridge on the RIIE. It interfered with waking the computer up from sleep. When I switched the 16x slot it was inserted in to 8x from the default 1-4x the card worked normally again. Your situation may somehow be related as well.

Your best chance to solved this is to file a bug report. Describe the issue as detailed as possible so they can reproduce it consistently.

Only issue with the FW for the sound card is there isn't any. The firmware was found out not to actually do anything but just change numbers on the sound card. Calling Asus technical support might help you out. Or they could possibly point you in the right direction to solve or rma it {if that needs to be done}.

cx-ray wrote:
It could be related to your motherboard BIOS or FW of the sound card. I

OMM2013
Level 7
I've been in touch with both Asus and Asrock and I have proposed different solutions have not solved the problem.

For those who have this same problem with my PC or similar settings say that the only way that I can run to the sound card is:

Start the PC, enter the BIOS, press F10, then accept and will recognize the sound card.

Or, but slower and tedious, boot the PC and once in windows, restart. NOT shutdown, only reboot. So I think the best option first. It's faster.

Unfortunately this is what you get. Do not know if it's a problem with the CF, PCI, PCIEX, UEFI, etc, but I regret having purchased this product to trouble me.

Thank you all for your cooperation