cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

g74sx recovery disk questions

City_Builder
Level 7
Hello,

A couple days ago I had a problem logging into windows 8, something about the user account services could not sign in. Unfortunately I only had one account on this computer so the instructions that I found that were supposed to fix it could not be used and I had to reinstall Windows once again.

About a week prior to that incident I tried to log into the computer and I would enter my pin number and then the laptop would just sit there and do nothing, so once more I had to reformat the hard drive and reinstall Windows 8.

So on this last adventure I decided maybe I would just use my recovery disks and make it easier just go back to Windows 7 and have all of the drivers and software that Asus installs on these laptops to begin with.

So I put the disc in the drive rebooted and booted up off the CD drive and the recovery system tells me I've got too many hard drives and that I will need to remove one of them before I can use the recovery disks.

Here's the thing, my Asus G74 came with two hard drives installed in it so why in the world is the recovery disk telling me I've got one too many hard drives and that I'll need to remove one of them before it will allow me to use the recovery disks.

Who the hell wants to have to remove a hard drive every time the target user a recovery disk, not me. Anyway, I decided not to remove the second hard drive and just put Windows 8 back on it which is a shame because I would've liked to have had all the software again that originally came on the computer as I know there's quite a few features of this laptop that I'm no longer using because I've not got the software or drivers to use it.

Anyway, the bottom line is Why is the recovery system asking me to remove one of the hard drives and telling me that I've got too many hard drives when the laptop came with two hard drives to begin with?
2 REPLIES 2

Pitcher1
Level 9
i think you have do clean install for win 8 and press F9 is no function, if you want to recover back from win 8 to win 7 and use recover disk, you should delete all partition.

City_Builder
Level 7
Since I formatted the hard drive it would be considered a clean install.

Which is why I don't understand why the Asus recovery disks are telling me that I've got too many hard drives in my laptop when the thing came with two hard drives. And my primary hard drive only has one partition because it's an SSD drive that I installed about a year ago so does not have any of the extra partitions for recovery