cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spammers got to go!!

chrsplmr
Level 18
( This is an Old -- long forgotten thread .. I claim Green-Resource Recovery.)
LINKS1. PROJECT: BLACK and RED SATIRE (*Warning* Very Graphic Intensive) (11-22-2011)

WIN a CrossHair V Formula/ThunderBolt GAME ON SATIRE (X-Sticky) (4-1-2012)

ChrsPlmr's "Joe Rog Consumer Review" of the CrossHair V Formula (X-Sticky) (8-22-2011)

Member Responsibility: Step Up to ROG (Sticky) (6-14-2012)

Easy Guide to Images in Signatures(8-21-2012)

I believe I have the distinction of being the only Member in the History of ROG to Ever have a Thread Un-Sticky'd. Impressive. hahahhaa.c.

Above is an 'excerpt' from Project: Black & Red

And Look below @ how far we have come ... from Spammers.. cudos GlobalROG.

------------------------------------ Old Thread -------------------------------

http://www.asusrog.com/forums/showthread.php?1690-YOU-WILL-BE-BANNED-FOR-LIFE
by Brian@Asus TeamROG ADMIN
(The images are fan art by chrsplmr, Asus, Asus ROG and their agents are not responsible in any way for that content.
Copyrighted Material is the property of registered owners)
96 REPLIES 96

Kipper
Level 10
I permanently banned two yesterday morning. Your ROG Team is actually doing a darn good job at keeping the forums clean but with the SPAM BOT programs you can ban a spammer and as soon as you hit the BAN button the butt heat shows up again.

xeromist
All gone. Not worth yelling at them except for cathartic reasons since they don't actually read our forums. They just use automated scripts to post to (potentially) hundreds of forums per day. They're using zombie computers or proxies to do it so even once we ban them they will just use another address and a new account. What's more, even if they did read your post, they don't care. They have no conscience or they wouldn't be doing it to begin with. As long as they are getting paid they will keep coming back.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

And you and others will be waiting.
fantastic.... spambots eh?

No doubt, you just can't mess with TeamROG.
Outstanding job....they just thought X and the rest
were sleep'n......stealth...they WILL get ya...

thnx...X, K,...back to read'n. (4 me)

69_Goat
Level 7
Careful Chris.

With the amount you've been posting lately, someone might get the idea this applies to you. haha
i7-980X | EVGA 762 Classified | 6GB Dom GT 2000C7 | GTX580 SLI

i7-2600K | Asus MIVE-Z68 | 4GB Dom GT 2000C8 | GTX580 Martix

69_Goat's HWBOT Profile

lifeskills
Level 9
lol love the graphic

chrsplmr
Level 18
Thanks for the heads-up Goat, Not to worry, I'll wear my vest....besides X, never misses.

thnx.LS & Ckk
Thats 3min. of play..just plain fun.

Cyrekk
Level 10
Posting frequently isn't really a huge deal so long as your not selling something, repeating yourself, or making useless posts. Yeah the whole team here is doing a great job keeping the boards clean haha. I also like the graphic, I vote that xeromist make that his new avator :).
New member? Introduce yourself here, learn a little of what we are about here, and refer to some simple rules here.
Though typically not required or enforced, here is a list of guidelines on proper forum etiquette.
[Work in progress]
The Crosshair GENE will come! - Show your support HERE!
SYSTEM SPECS

chrsplmr wrote:

Cyrekk wrote:
I vote that xeromist make that his new avator :).

Xero, why has this not happened yet? 🙂
New member? Introduce yourself here, learn a little of what we are about here, and refer to some simple rules here.
Though typically not required or enforced, here is a list of guidelines on proper forum etiquette.
[Work in progress]
The Crosshair GENE will come! - Show your support HERE!
SYSTEM SPECS

Cyrekk wrote:
Xero, why has this not happened yet? 🙂

The inspiration for this avatar was "nondescript". Also I use it on more than one forum and I like the consistency. I'm happy with the one I have, thanks. 🙂
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…