cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G74Sx RAM problems....?

tjewing
Level 7
Hey all,
I'm brand new to these forums and really need some help.
Just over a year ago, I bought my G74Sx and had 32GB (4X8GB) of RAM put in. Since day one, the laptop has Randomly frozen and had countless blue screens. When I took it to ASUS to get checked out they said it was the RAM causing the problems. I have tested each stick with the windows memory diagnostic tool and each test has returned no problems. However, when all 4 sticks are put in together, the diagnostic finds problems within the first 10% of the test. Is there a way I can find out Which, if any, of the Ram sticks are corrupt, or if it's something in the laptop causing the problem?

Any advice is hugely appreciated!
3 REPLIES 3

Pitcher1
Level 9
you can try all DIMM for RMA tool (one on one), because i think maybe is DIMM slot is broke, maybe not DIMM.

Pitcher@asus wrote:
you can try all DIMM for RMA tool (one on one), because i think maybe is DIMM slot is broke, maybe not DIMM.

Is this an actual diagnostic tool? If so, where can i go to get it?

tjewing
Level 7
I did the windows memory diagnostic with a singular RAM stick in all four slots and none of the test returned any errors. This is really confusing and frustrating. I've started taking down the stop codes, dates and times of all blue screens, and last night alone I had 5 within the space of an hour. There must be a way to find and fix this problem!