cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about full migration of OS and programs from Sata3 SSD to PciE RAIDR Express

Stealth1967
Level 8
Hi mates,

i own a self assembled rig with Asus Sabertooth Z77 and three Samsung 840Pro SSD drives, one of it loaded with the OS and main programs and the others with FSX simulator and addon.
Now i bought a RAIDR Express with the intention to use it for the OS and main programs, so i'm in the need to migrate the full system, a Windows 7 Ultimate 7 / 64 Bit and all the data and Programs (full migration / cloning) from the Samsung 840 Pro sata3 SSD to the ASUS RAIDR Express to avoid a fresh installation of the system and save lot of work and pain.
I would like to know if i can do the work with the program Paragon Drive Copy Professional... my question is pointed to the fact that i don't know if the program is suitable to be used to perform the migration between the drives listed, due to the fact that the former is a traditional SSD and the second a pcie ssd which will become the primary boot disk,. In the case what's the right procedure for the work?
Thanks for any help.
9 REPLIES 9

Nodens
Level 16
Install the card, Boot your normal system drive, install the drivers for the card and use any cloning tool to clone to the card. Since the RAIDR drivers are installed they will carry over with the cloning.
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

Stealth1967
Level 8
Many thanks Nodens.... will try this way!

Nodens
Level 16
No problem, let us know if you meet up any issues:)
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

Stealth1967
Level 8
Hi Nodens,

i made the work, cloning my former Samsung SSD to the RAIDR with a cloning tool ( EaseUS todo) and i've obtained a perfect copy as you can see in the pics
where Disc O is my former Samsung SSD and Disc 2 is the RAIDR

All seems to be ok but when i boot from the RAIDR i received an error message:

0xC0000225
boot selection failed required device inaccessible

Do i have to start a recovery from the Windows 7 disc consolle or i've made something wrong?

My Mobo is a Sabertooth Z77 and the OS is windows 7 Ultimate 54Bit installed in Legacy mode The RAIDR switch is not on UEFI mode.
Any ideas how to fix it?

Nodens
Level 16
1. Is APIC enabled in BIOS? (Not sure if that particular board has the option but if it does it should be ON).
2. Make sure that after cloning you're selecting the RAIDR boot device.
3. Did you try the Startup Repair? Most likely during cloning the MBR was not correctly cloned.

RealBench Developer.

HiVizMan
Level 40
I used the same software and had to re-do the clone three times before I got it right. Make sure you do an exact clone if possible. One of the settings in the software is not intuitive, and making a change messed up my first two attempts.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
I used the same software and had to re-do the clone three times before I got it right. Make sure you do an exact clone if possible. One of the settings in the software is not intuitive, and making a change messed up my first two attempts.

mate!

after reading your experience, I repeated the cloning, changing the settings and everything worked perfectly!
The RAIDR booted at the first shot with at really awesome speed !
It over run clearly my former Samsung 840 pro!

Thanks for the help guys!!

HiVizMan
Level 40
Hey I am just pleased my errors and scratching my head wondering what the fluff had happened has helped you. 😛

Enjoy your system.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Nodens
Level 16
Excellent! Thanks for reporting back with the solution! +rep for you!

RealBench Developer.