cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Monitors

TheMechWarrior
Level 7
Greetings fellow ASUS fanboyz and fangirlz,

I'm a proud owner of a G75VX and now I want to build a new desktop and include the very best monitor from ASUS.

I would like the ASUS VG278HR but I just can't seem to find it here in Australia.
Apart from the 144Hz I'm keen to get my hands on the "Game Plus" mode option this monitor has.

Can anyone tell me why this is not standard on ASUS gaming monitors?
And why I can't get this model here in Australia?
I can buy from overseas but by the time it lands here it will have cost me $1,000.

Also...I don't see a section in here for discussion of gaming monitors, did I simply miss it?

Cheers,

Mech.
6 REPLIES 6

Gorman
Level 12
There's a lot of options, BenQ XL2411T, BenQ RL2455HM (used by MLG yo!), Samsung 23A700D, Dell U2311H (huehue), HP ZR2740w (jk!)

But really, BenQ make a lot of good stuff that's cheap. Don't get too caught up in TN's, they mostly "seem" impressive becasue IPS have more pixel latency. Think back at how good CRT's look -> no native resolution, no native clock speed, no backlight problems, less latency. Honestly go get a FW900 😉

Lexinious
Level 7
TheMechWarrior wrote:
Greetings fellow ASUS fanboyz and fangirlz,

I'm a proud owner of a G75VX and now I want to build a new desktop and include the very best monitor from ASUS.

I would like the ASUS VG278HR but I just can't seem to find it here in Australia.
Apart from the 144Hz I'm keen to get my hands on the "Game Plus" mode option this monitor has.

Can anyone tell me why this is not standard on ASUS gaming monitors?
And why I can't get this model here in Australia?
I can buy from overseas but by the time it lands here it will have cost me $1,000.

Also...I don't see a section in here for discussion of gaming monitors, did I simply miss it?

Cheers,

Mech.

Hey there...

I have no idea why you cant find that model in your area but I do know this, the PB278Q is the best Monitor I've had from Asus yet hands down! So if you want a good gaming monitor, you cant get better then the PB278Q!!! I would chose this Monitor over a 42' TV to be honest! Itd fast, pops with color and all out BEAUTIFUL!

I owned the newest one (Asus) until that one came out and wondered why it cost so much more then the one I had, that old saying "A Picture's Worth a Thousand Words" came to mind, I was blown away... Anyway, hope this helps, Cheers 🙂

P.S. The PB278Q is 2560x1440 as well, no lag, pure BEAST!

differential
Level 7
IMO the only difference between the VG278H & the HR is the game plus feature which i dont really think is a big deal, maybe if it was 4k res or something and your cross hairs where 1 pixel thick, I have the VG278HE which is great and abit cheaper as im not interested in 3d (is capable with invidia add on)
When it comes to buying in australia i highly recommend PCcasegear i live in northern WA and im happy to pay the freight, pretty much if they dont have it its not worth getting.

differential wrote:
IMO the only difference between the VG278H & the HR is the game plus feature which i dont really think is a big deal, maybe if it was 4k res or something and your cross hairs where 1 pixel thick, I have the VG278HE which is great and abit cheaper as im not interested in 3d (is capable with invidia add on)
When it comes to buying in australia i highly recommend PCcasegear i live in northern WA and im happy to pay the freight, pretty much if they dont have it its not worth getting.

Wrong answer... No ghosting in Crysis3, Battlefied3 or SWtor, not in movies either! I own a PB278Q as I said and have had others, this monitor blows the rest away! If you want to get technical, the naked eye cant tell the difference between 2 and 5 ms response times but then again people say the naked eye can see more then 30fps but do you believe it?

abvolt
Level 11
I love to Asus PB278Q for picture quality but for fps gaming imo the response time of 5ms (Gray to Gray) is too slow 2ms minimum. You will notice some ghosting while gaming or watching movies.
Current: MSI Xpower Gaming Titanium | 7700K | G Skill Ripjaws V 3000 16Gb | 960 EVO 500Gb | Intel 730 480Gb | Seasonic 1000 Platinum |
NZXT X62 | Acer XB270HU | EVGA 1080 ti FTW3

Secondary: R4BE | 4930K | G.SKILL 2400 16GB | Corsair AX 1500i
Intel 730 240GB + 480GB | EVGA GTX780 ti sli kpe | Custom H20

tadhp
Level 10
PB278Q FTW :cool:

From Concept to Creation: Precision to the Finest Detail
Delivering four times the pixel resolution of HD, the 27-inch ASUS PB278Q is a 2560 by 1440 Wide Quad High Definition (WQHD) monitor that brings incredible definition to your games, videos, and everything else you do. The PLS panel enables more pristine image quality with a 178-degree viewing angle to easily share what’s on screen with others. Featuring 100% reproduction in the sRGB color space and ASUS QuickFit that overlays commonly-used print formats on screen, this feature-filled monitor lets you design detailed graphics with precise color accuracy. What’s more, the PB278Q supports the latest display connectivity for WQHD visuals with HDMI 1.4*, DisplayPort 1.2, and Dual-link DVI ports. Complementing its high-definition visuals, it’s built with two 3-watt speakers for high-quality audio playback. For enhanced ergonomics and comfort, the PB278Q features full tilt, swivel, pivot, and height adjustments to suit your preferred viewing angle. Experience the true-to-life visuals that will reset your expectations of monitor capabilities.
CPU : Intel i7-3960X MB : Rampage IV Extreme 3101 Mem : G.SKILL F3-17000CL9Q2-32GBZH
GPU : MSI R7970 Lightning PSU : Corsair 1000W OS : W 7 Ultimate Corsair H100 Water cool
SSD : 120GB Kingston Hyper X SSD : 512GB Samsung 480 Pro HDD : 2X 1T WD Speaker : Bose companion 5
Cooler Master
HAF-X Monitor : ASUS PB278Q