Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G750JX doubts and software problems, Need Help

Al_Jourgensen
Level 7
hello Community

I have some doubts and problems on my Asus G750JX I shall describe

Windows 8 Bios question

Once the manual is not described, what I wonder, is the option "Boot" in "BIOS", there is an option that says "ADD NEW BOOT DEVICE", i wanted to know how to configure this option, i want to know, what values ​​should i put, to set up a drive, a tutorial, anything

Realtek audio driver, does not contain DTS or Dolby Digital, to select Windows 8

Since i do not get an answer from the manufacturer Realtek, and the Driver that is available on the page of Asus shows me on the options only 2 channels, in the output "SPID-INF" I do not have a Dolby Digital option to activate, such as appeared in my previous Asus M50VN, when i try to connect it to my amplifier, with 5.1 Bose speakers, only stereo is available
can someone help me with this problem.

I can not pair an Apple Wireless keyboard in Windows 8.

In my previous Asus M50VN, the keyboard was detected, and showed me in Windows 7, the code for pairing, in the case of Windows 8, I have immense difficulty in pairing the Apple wireless keyboard, What can i do for this to work?, in 10 days it only showed me 3 times the pairing code, and does not give me the time to enter it.
I've tried to do a trick, that I read on a blog, when he is connecting, enter a code like for example 11111 "Enter" to see if the dialogue box with the pairing code appears, and so far, nothing, only those 3 times, but i don´t have time to put it, i need help on this

Thank you for your attention
35 REPLIES 35

Al_Jourgensen
Level 7
i really appreciated some help with this

Al_Jourgensen
Level 7
i really appreciated some help with this please, if someone, has a G750JX, and have this issues please, share, thank you

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Al_Jourgensen wrote:

Windows 8 Bios question

Once the manual is not described, what I wonder, is the option "Boot" in "BIOS", there is an option that says "ADD NEW BOOT DEVICE", i wanted to know how to configure this option, i want to know, what values ​​should i put, to set up a drive, a tutorial, anything

Sorry, I only have the G750Jw model to check, so hopefully it will be the same.
I've never figured out what the 'ADD NEW BOOT DEVICE' bios setting is for, but you should be able to boot to whatever device you want by Enabling 'Launch CSM' in the 'Boot' menu and Disabling 'Secure Boot Control' under the bios 'Security' menu.
You may need to save and exit the bios settings and re-enter the bios before you can set the boot order you want, or try tapping the 'ESC' key a couple times at power up to see the bios boot menu.

Al_Jourgensen wrote:

Realtek audio driver, does not contain DTS or Dolby Digital, to select Windows 8

Since i do not get an answer from the manufacturer Realtek, and the Driver that is available on the page of Asus shows me on the options only 2 channels, in the output "SPID-INF" I do not have a Dolby Digital option to activate, such as appeared in my previous Asus M50VN, when i try to connect it to my amplifier, with 5.1 Bose speakers, only stereo is available
can someone help me with this problem.

You may be able to do some of the same things through the Realtek HD Audio Manager in Control Panel, but try right-clicking the speaker icon in the taskbar as in the screenshot below to choose 'Playback devices' and set the Realtek Digital Output as the default as in the screenshot below. Also check the properties for more settings.

Al_Jourgensen wrote:

In my previous Asus M50VN, the keyboard was detected, and showed me in Windows 7, the code for pairing, in the case of Windows 8, I have immense difficulty in pairing the Apple wireless keyboard, What can i do for this to work?, in 10 days it only showed me 3 times the pairing code, and does not give me the time to enter it.
I've tried to do a trick, that I read on a blog, when he is connecting, enter a code like for example 11111 "Enter" to see if the dialogue box with the pairing code appears, and so far, nothing, only those 3 times, but i don´t have time to put it, i need help on this

Not sure if this can help, but if you don't get better ideas, check device manager to find out which bluetooth driver you have and look for an update on the ASUS G750Jx Download site.

cl-Albert wrote:
Sorry, I only have the G750Jw model to check, so hopefully it will be the same.
I've never figured out what the 'ADD NEW BOOT DEVICE' bios setting is for, but you should be able to boot to whatever device you want by Enabling 'Launch CSM' in the 'Boot' menu and Disabling 'Secure Boot Control' under the bios 'Security' menu.
You may need to save and exit the bios settings and re-enter the bios before you can set the boot order you want, or try tapping the 'ESC' key a couple times at power up to see the bios boot menu.

You may be able to do some of the same things through the Realtek HD Audio Manager in Control Panel, but try right-clicking the speaker icon in the taskbar as in the screenshot below to choose 'Playback devices' and set the Realtek Digital Output as the default as in the screenshot below. Also check the properties for more settings.

Not sure if this can help, but if you don't get better ideas, check device manager to find out which bluetooth driver you have and look for an update on the ASUS G750Jx Download site.

Hello my friend and thank you very much for your answer, patience, and attention

i´m going to try my 2nd problem, the realtek one, soon when i get home, in 8 hours, i´m at work now.

has for the 3rd one, yes, i already update them, but i´m still with the same problem, if i can just get some drivers...but there isn´t any, i try bootcamp, and installing some of them, to see if it works, but nothing, i think, i maybe lost my precious keyboard, and have to use a plastic one......but it´s been difficult to do that

but regardless of something, i really appreciate your attention, and i will give feed, about this, later.

Thank you very much my friend

hmscott
Level 12
Al_Jourgensen wrote:

Al, I don't have one with me right now, but I was able to pair one on my G750JW ok.

These instructions, along with this comment to the article should work for you, but...:
http://pcabletech.wordpress.com/2013/02/14/apple-bluetooth-wireless-keyboard-windows-8/

"...The only thing which I couldn’t find was the keypass. It was actually generated on the screen and it was 8 digits rather than 5. I took a photo to re-enter the second time..."

If the keyboard isn't showing up, trying resetting the keyboard. If you already paired the keyboard with another device, make sure that paired device isn't in range and turned on as it will pair and take the keyboard away from the G750 - it won't show up reliably in the available devices on the G750 - I had a iPad that was close enough to interfere when on:

http://davemeehan.com/technology/how-to-reset-an-apple-wireless-bluetooth-keyboard-mouse-or-trackpad

Al_Jourgensen
Level 7
ok the 1st one i already try it endless times, but the second one i didn´t try it, i will try i t latter, and leave my feed, here my friend

Thanks again for the quick answer

regarding the realtek, problem, i´m going to install later a new driver version V6.0.1.6954, i think this will change my control panel of maxxaudio, for a better one, and it seems that enhance the sound, i´m going to try it, what you had explain me i think i already have done it, i just want to ask, he uses, Dolby, or dts, depending, on what i´m playing, wright?

Thanks in advance

Al_Jourgensen wrote:

regarding the realtek, problem, i´m going to install later a new driver version V6.0.1.6954, i think this will change my control panel of maxxaudio, for a better one, and it seems that enhance the sound, i´m going to try it, what you had explain me i think i already have done it, i just want to ask, he uses, Dolby, or dts, depending, on what i´m playing, wright?
Thanks in advance

The latest version mentioned is .7004, which I have been using. It removes the Config/rtkhdaud.dat file from the install package - I am not sure if it cleans out the C:\Windows version of the rtkhdaud.dat file, but others have said it solved their problem.

There is a newer version just posted, not in the G750 areas but in the Notebook Audio drivers area on Asus Support site:
http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=Audio&p=3&s=111

Version V6.0.1.7027

Description Realtek Audio Driver
If you want to upgrade your OS from Win 7 to Win 8,to prevent software compatibility issue, please uninstall the older version driver before install the newer version driver
File Size 104.33 (MBytes) 2013/09/16 update

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/DriversForWin8/Audio/Audio_Realtek_Win8_64_VER6017027.zip

Uninstall the old driver using the Uninstall Control Panel, reboot, install the new driver, reboot, enjoy.

Works for me 🙂

For more detailed response, up through .7004, check out my response, #13 here:
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?37273-ASUS-G750JX-headphone-sound-problem./page2

hmscott wrote:
The latest version mentioned is .7004, which I have been using. It removes the Config/rtkhdaud.dat file from the install package - I am not sure if it cleans out the C:\Windows version of the rtkhdaud.dat file, but others have said it solved their problem.

There is a newer version just posted, not in the G750 areas but in the Notebook Audio drivers area on Asus Support site:
http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=Audio&p=3&s=111

Version V6.0.1.7027

Description Realtek Audio Driver
If you want to upgrade your OS from Win 7 to Win 8,to prevent software compatibility issue, please uninstall the older version driver before install the newer version driver
File Size 104.33 (MBytes) 2013/09/16 update

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/DriversForWin8/Audio/Audio_Realtek_Win8_64_VER6017027.zip

Uninstall the old driver using the Uninstall Control Panel, reboot, install the new driver, reboot, enjoy.

Works for me 🙂

For more detailed response, up through .7004, check out my response, #13 here:
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?37273-ASUS-G750JX-headphone-sound-problem./page2

thanks a lot my friend, i´m going to try it latter and give feed

thank you very very much for your attention and patience

ok my friend i installed, one by one the drivers that you recommend, but max audio has desapear, i don´t have the program and don´t know how to download it.

regarding the file that you said to delete, it is not inside the realtek installation folder, and i can´t find it to delete it

can you help me with this, i´m on 7004 now.

thank you very much for your attention and patience