Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    ROG Guru: Platinum Belt Array hmscott PC Specs
    hmscott PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G750JH-DB71 (legacy)
    MotherboardAsus G750JH Intel HM87
    ProcessorIntel i7-4700HQ XTU Cores 36x/35x/34x/34x Cache 36x -50mV undervolt
    Memory (part number)Hyundai Electronics HMT41GS6AFR8A-PB 1.35v DDR3L-1600MHz
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia 780m Asus GPU Tweak OC 932mhz/6300mhz
    Sound CardRealtek v6.0.1.7469 driver
    MonitorAUO B173HW02 V1 Custom Refresh 85hz
    Storage #1RAID0 2x M.2 SATA Crucial MX200 512GB CT500MX200SSD6
    Storage #2Crucial 512GB 2.5" MX200 CT500MX200SSD1
    Power Supply230w AC Power Adapter 19.5v
    Keyboard Logitech k400 Wireless KB/Trackpad
    Headset Sony MDR-XB500 Wired and Sennheiser RS-220 Wireless TOSLINK
    OS Windows 8.1 + 8 Linux VM's + Windows 10 Technical Preview
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC68U DLINK DIR-655

Quote Originally Posted by Al_Jourgensen View Post
    the pairing with an apple wireless keyboard...
    Did you get a chance to try the 2nd suggestion in my post #5 in this thread?

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by hmscott View Post
    Did you get a chance to try the 2nd suggestion in my post #5 in this thread?

yes my friend, it was the first thing, i´m trying and trying, and can´t get that pairing code window open...

hmscott PC Specs

yes my friend, it was the first thing, i´m trying and trying, and can´t get that pairing code window open...
    I tried a bunch of wireless keyboards with built in trackpad / trackball - and settled on this one - it comes with it's own USB device for connectivity - it never fails and always connects - it even works with BIOS as it doesn't require an OS driver - the USB device emulates a USB keyboard/mouse:

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/produc...-k400r?crid=26

There is a larger version, I haven't tried it yet:

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/produc...-tk820?crid=26

The k400r is small enough to carry in my backpack, and it has a power switch on the top right that makes it easy to disable before packing away. The only drawback for fast typing is the small right Shift key, but after a while I got used to it.
    Last edited by hmscott; 09-18-2013 at 09:38 PM.

I tried a bunch of wireless keyboards with built in trackpad / trackball - and settled on this one - it comes with it's own USB device for connectivity - it never fails and always connects - it even works with BIOS as it doesn't require an OS driver - the USB device emulates a USB keyboard/mouse:

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/produc...-k400r?crid=26

There is a larger version, I haven't tried it yet:

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/produc...-tk820?crid=26

The k400r is small enough to carry in my backpack, and it has a power switch on the top right that makes it easy to disable before packing away. The only drawback for fast typing is the small right Shift key, but after a while I got used to it.
    hello and thank you for the help

i installed the above, bouth, but says, it doesn´t have a wireless receiver conected

i don´t know...

But thank you for your concern and patience, because i have my mind lost in this, it´s the only thing that is missing, the rest, is everything ok...it´s a shame....this keyboard is the best, the apple one, and why does he worked on a M50VN?, is this that i don´t understand.

i had a situation with that M50VN, Bluetooth, has deactivetd, and i had to bought a wireless adapter "Trust 2.0 Generic Bluetooth radio", worked like a charme, in this notebook, i even try to disconect the notebook Bluetooth, turning him of, and put that "Trust Receiver", but it gives me a (Code 10) error, and i can´t try that, i tried to find a generic Bluetooth driver, but nothing either, this is gonna cost me a lot, i have to buy a new keyboard...should i give up?

i don´t understand.....the problem with the Nvidia software, was another headake, doesn´t find the graphic card, when it shows in the device manager, that it is ok, and that the Nvidia control panel, also works...only the beta driver worked, but i had solved this because, Nvidia suport give me a Beta version, now, Portugal Asus - no Answer, Asus online cha - Doesn´t give suport, Apple - doesn´t give suport, vendor ~ doesn´t give suport, but they have this dispute, that i humbly don´t understand.........and dont even understand, how so na advanced laptop, give so much headakes.......

it´s the only thing that i need my friend, sorry i have to let it out

Thank you very much really for your concern, but still need help...nothing seems to work on this notebook...they only think in the basic needs, and not the advanced one´s, they only think for the things they care, and that give them Money....of course...

hmscott PC Specs

hello and thank you for the help
    i installed the above, bouth, but says, it doesn´t have a wireless receiver conected...
    Al, the links to the Logitech Keyboards were suggestions on alternatives to the Apple Keyboard, not a suggestion to install their drivers

Those keyboards use a USB transceiver instead of Bluetooth. It is a small USB dongle that includes all the circuitry for keeping the wireless connection to the keyboard and emulating a USB Keyboard/mouse to the laptop. It runs all the time even without the OS running, or bluetooth on.

ok sorry, i was thinking other thing, by the way, i encounter other issue, i left my notebook on, because i was downloading something, and this morning, when i get back to it, and touch it, the screen start flashing, turning on and of, i was seeing windows, running ok, but the flashes wont stop, i had to put the system down, and reboot, and everything was normal again.

Do you know anything about this happening?

P.S. - i installed a new beta version of Nvidia drivers, i don´t know if it was because of that.

thank you again, for your patience

hmscott PC Specs

i left my notebook on, because i was downloading something, and this morning, when i get back to it, and touch it, the screen start flashing, turning on and of, i was seeing windows, running ok, but the flashes wont stop, i had to put the system down, and reboot, and everything was normal again.
    Do you know anything about this happening?
    It sounds like your laptop slept, and you woke it up when you touched the touch pad or keyboard. What else were you running? A game, video player, or streaming video web page might do that.

Instead of rebooting next time, try to quit the applications 1 by 1 until the screen resets stop happening, then you will know which app doesn't like to be put to sleep.

You can change the settings for your Power profile in the Power Options Control Panel.

I disable sleep, dimming, and turning off the display.

If you want the laptop to sleep after a period of time, but some of your apps don't like being put to sleep, and cause problems when waking up, try using hibernation instead.
    Last edited by hmscott; 09-19-2013 at 10:58 AM.

It sounds like your laptop slept, and you woke it up when you touched the touch pad or keyboard. What else were you running? A game, video player, or streaming video web page might do that.

Instead of rebooting next time, try to quit the applications 1 by 1 until the screen resets stop happening, then you will know which app doesn't like to be put to sleep.

You can change the settings for your Power profile in the Power Options Control Panel.

I disable sleep, dimming, and turning off the display.

If you want the laptop to sleep after a period of time, but some of your apps don't like being put to sleep, and cause problems when waking up, try using hibernation instead.
    hello my friend

i only had utorrent connected, nothing more, but the flashing only appears, when i touch it, then it stayed off, like, touch ON/OFF, but i barely see the applications, no time between flashes, try ctrl + alt + delete, and nothing happen, i had to put the system down.
    in my options i only have to turn of monitor, but it never happened to me, i don´t know, but i think is this new beta driver, i´m going to install the other one, a let him turn on for a while, and see what happens

i leave feed has soon has i do it

thank you again, for your magnificent attention and patience my friend.
    Last edited by Al_Jourgensen; 09-19-2013 at 11:38 AM.

ok i just have solved the flashing problem when the notebook enters in hibernation, Windows needs a system repair to have sucess on this.

regarding the apple keyboard, ok final i have done it, but....

i need disable Bluetooth of Windows 8, get a usb Bluetooth periferal 2.0, here Windows try to install it with erros, and the 2.0 seems not to work in Windows 8, But i bought a 2.0 "Trust" usb, found the drivers in "Trust" website, install them, at the 1st try the driver give me an error, but then i restrt, i install it again, and was fine, at the first attemp, he pair the keyboard with no problema

So i guess the answers are, in the Bluetooth software, lower versions of periferal´s like this one, i don´t know why, but he doesn´t recognize it.

Thank you all for your answers, i did this with sucess

hmscott PC Specs

ok i just have solved the flashing problem when the notebook enters in hibernation, Windows needs a system repair to have sucess on this.

regarding the apple keyboard, ok final i have done it, but....

i need disable Bluetooth of Windows 8, get a usb Bluetooth periferal 2.0, here Windows try to install it with erros, and the 2.0 seems not to work in Windows 8, But i bought a 2.0 "Trust" usb, found the drivers in "Trust" website, install them, at the 1st try the driver give me an error, but then i restrt, i install it again, and was fine, at the first attemp, he pair the keyboard with no problema

So i guess the answers are, in the Bluetooth software, lower versions of periferal´s like this one, i don´t know why, but he doesn´t recognize it.

Thank you all for your answers, i did this with sucess
    Excellent on both fixes

It has been a while since I have had to use a BT dongle to provide BT function 2.0 over 1.0, good idea to try that on the G750 to get legacy compatibility

Hibernation is another thing I have dropped since the system boots in 1-2 seconds on SSD now, I save the system storage space (equal to size of memory!) of the Hibernation file. And, sleep isn't something I use much either - I use session savors for browsers, and many of the tools / applications I use maintain state over sessions. A of programs don't like coming back from sleep - it is one of the remaining problematic parts of Windows that just keeps being a problem.

In Windows 8 I have had more instances of needing to do system repairs, disk checks at boot, than I have had under WIndows 7. Not surprised you got bit by that too. I am hoping many of those issues get resolved in Windows 8.1 I actually have gotten corrupted installs in Windows 8 unlike rarely in WIndows 7.

Happy to hear you got to the root cause and found a solution to all of your problems

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3