cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G46VW hotkeys on Spotify / random sleeps

DWJorgeB
Level 7
1st problem: I knew from my G51J that ASUS hotkeys didn't work with other programs other than WMP/Media Center, but now i just discovered that if i'm on the metro screen i can control spotify with the hotkeys, but it doesn't work on the desktop, is there any way for me to make it control spotify on the desktop too?

2nd problem: on the last 3 days my laptop is going into sleep mode randomly when i'm using my pc, i think it is from my wireless mouse, since everytime it sleeps i was using that mouse, however i switched my mouse with my friends, and my mouse doesn't make my friends computer sleep and his mouse keeps making my computer sleep randomly, my idea is that it has something to do with ASUS' power management programs or drivers? I've checked the kernel-power logs and it says "system entering sleep reason: button or lid"

ASUS G46VW
Windows 8.1 Preview
5 REPLIES 5

Roham_r2
Level 7
use ATKACPI driver . good luck

DWJorgeB
Level 7
which one? i'm using AN ATKACPI driver, the ASUS default

Pitcher1
Level 9
check you kb is normal, also clean your kb; update ATK driver and download from asus support site by model.

kb as in keyboard? My keyboard is working flawlessly. I'll try to update the ATK drivers

DWJorgeB
Level 7
installed the new ATKACPI drivers from asus support site, still the same