cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MVIF windows 8 boot time 16sec faulty motherboard

skarpuk
Level 7
Maximus VI Formula windows 8 boot time 16sec asus advertise 2sec, means faulty motherboard need RMA?
29 REPLIES 29

Nodens
Level 16
No. Nothing of the sort. It could mean a million things. Please provide FULL system specs and answer these questions as well:

1)Is the Win8 installation in Win8 mode?
2)Is your video card flashed with UEFI GOP?
3)Is CSM disabled?
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

Maximum VI Formula
MSI gtx 680 twin froze III
Kingston beast 1600mhz 16gb
Ssd 120gb agility 3 ocz win8
Ssd 256gb transcend software
PSU 700w cooler master 80plus
1. Yes
2.yes
3.yes
4. All BIOS settings fast boot

Nodens
Level 16
Err sorry I just saw I wrote the first question wrong.

It was meant to be: Is Win8 installation in UEFI mode?

And I'll also add:
4) Are both the SSD drives on the the Intel controller ports AND the Asmedia controller disabled in UEFI?
5) Are you timing from PSU power off or just from S5 (shutdown).
6) How are you timing it?
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

yes uefi
4. yes
I am timing from push power button on motherboard
always get this error: Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC00000D4.
I paid premium for this board but seems have lots problems thinking RMA for full Refund and go this another brand tired.

skarpuk wrote:

I am timing from push power button on motherboard

That doesn't answer the question really. Have you previously turned off the PSU or you're timing after a normal shutdown from the operating system?

always get this error: Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC00000D4.

This error means that Windows does not shutdown properly so it can't do fast boot. I'd start with checking your RAM with Memtest86+ as this is most of the time RAM related. Also does this happen with stock settings (no OC).

I paid premium for this board but seems have lots problems thinking RMA for full Refund and go this another brand tired.

This is 99.9% not motherboard related.

RealBench Developer.

I am timing after a normal shutdown, my memory is good never have before issue with asus z77 v deluxe motherboard, I don't know who is fault I think asus must made compatible motherboard with components before release to end users...

Nodens
Level 16
Just because your RAM worked properly before does not mean it's ok now. Like I said this is 99.9% (and I say 99.9% because being absolute is silly) not related to the motherboard but most likely to RAM and file corruption.

Fast boot is not working in your system.

The error message is a clear indicator of what is wrong. So I'm trying to help you troubleshoot it and the first step is ruling out RAM via running at least 5 cycles of Memtest86+. The second step is ruling out overclocking by running in stock settings (that means completely stock no XMP memory profiles etc). Third step is checking the windows installation for corruption via running "sfc /scannow".

If you don't want to try the troubleshooting steps, then go ahead and RMA the board..

RealBench Developer.

Sometimes I will not get this error but still boot time no less 16sec! I did fresh install windows dont believe is corrupted and finally only post take around 8sec until I see rog log on screen

Praz
Level 13
As Nodens has posted above all components must be fast boot capable and the system fully stable. The "as fast as 2 second boot time" is from a restart or a power on with fast boot enabled and properly working. This time is from the initial POST screen to the Windows starting screen. The motherboard works as advertised when using the correct components properly configured and the system fully stable.