cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will AMD fans get a A+ Motherboard?

Lexinious
Level 7
It would really be nice if we could get a Crosshair Formula V Extreme for AMD! A new "Chipset" would be awesome as well, that way I wouldn't have to run a 3.0 card in a 2.0 Pcie lane! I'm serious, Intel gets the latest of everything and really nice too but AMD'rs just get a few buttons moved around, the sound gets a small upgrade, a -Z gets added and its suppose to be the best thing since sliced bread!

I've been waiting for a "REALLY" nice AMD board for a long time now and I see Intel got yet another Black Edition...lol, sad! Ive got the -Z board and had the V, IV as well! Am I going to have to swallow (and I mean a BIG GULP of) my pride and just buy an "Intel" board to be able to have a "Edition" anything (Motherboard) from Asus? Please for the love of God, PLEASE someone who knows something just give me a tiny hint if ones going to come out in the future 😞 ... I'm dyeing here man...lol!

Thanks...

Corsair AX1200
OCZ Vertex4 519g
Crosshair V Formula-Z
FX-8350
Corsair H100i
Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133mhz, 16g
Asus Matrix Platinum HD-7970x2
PB278Q 27' (FABULOUS Monitor)
14 REPLIES 14

Zka17
Level 16
Lexinious wrote:
A new "Chipset" would be awesome

There ^^^ you go... the only one problem is that you posted in a wrong Forum... - have you tried on an AMD one?

As far as I know, Asus does not make chipsets... nor for Intel, neither for AMD... just using them... - so, when AMD will come up with new chipset, i'm 100% positive that Asus gonna build some nice mobos around it...

Zka17 wrote:
There ^^^ you go... the only one problem is that you posted in a wrong Forum... - have you tried on an AMD one?

As far as I know, Asus does not make chipsets... nor for Intel, neither for AMD... just using them... - so, when AMD will come up with new chipset, i'm 100% positive that Asus gonna build some nice mobos around it...

I'm fully aware that Asus doesn't make Chipset's (maybe I should've been clear about that but I thought it was a given, sorry) but I'm also aware that the previous or current AMD Chipsets don't have any A+ Motherboards for AMD like they do for almost all of Intel's Chipset's!

This is the right forum, since this isn't a Technical issue or an OC guide of any sort, General Discussions seams right to me for this thread!

Thank You for your answer 🙂 ... I'll keep Dreaming I guess...

Zka17
Level 16
We all are dreaming about AMD to wake up finally... at least they're doing pretty good job on the graphics card side - let's see what their new series will be capable off...

Agreed, I wish they would wake up already!

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
For now, there are no new chipsets for ASUS to warrant creating a new board, oh and plus if they did give us new AMD boards with full PCIe 3.0...you wouldn't even know the difference, right now, PCIe 3 is a Marketing scam...neither the games nor the hardware are enough to saturate the bandwidth.

DaemonCantor
Level 13
Everyone Yes AMD did give PCI-E 3.0 Support to their Chip Sets....Look in the Thread about FM2+....:p BUT Asus still hasn't given any of the extra toys that Intel Owners get like Built-In WiFi, BlueTooth, MSATA/MPCI Port...Blaa Blaaa BS!

Zka17
Level 16
Sincerely, DC, I would give you all Built-In WiFis, BlueTooths, MSATA/MPCI Ports from all my Intel platforms... for OC'ing those things are absolutely useless... - not sure yet on the PCIe 3.0 support... I guess it actually depends on the particular graphics card you have... not too much extra points in benchmarks, but again, don't know for everyday use...

DaemonCantor
Level 13
That's Nice...I wish you were in-charge of the Development process then!! From my perspective it's not about OC'n the thing because like the Vast Majority of users on the Planet...We could Care Less about OC'n but instead for us it's about Usability and Capabilities of which it seems Asus Forgot or don't care about anymore.

Believe it or not folks, for every OC'er here there are probably 20 People out there that don't care one bit about OC'n but do care what is being put into their Boards or what's being left out. and I would venture to guess that out of those same people 90% of them game to some extent and would love to have things like WiFi, BlueTooth, BlueTooth ROG Connect, MSATA/MPCI to enhance their computers for all kinds of thing other than OC'n.... I guess on these forums I'm the lone Voice for them...and I've tried in all sorts of ways to remind DEAF People that there are a LOT of others around that do care about these other things.

I've said it before....What happened to these forums that GAMERS went out and got replaced by ONLY OC'ers???? wheres the Gaming left in Republic of Gamers now????

DaemonCantor wrote:
That's Nice...I wish you were in-charge of the Development process then!! From my perspective it's not about OC'n the thing because like the Vast Majority of users on the Planet...We could Care Less about OC'n but instead for us it's about Usability and Capabilities of which it seems Asus Forgot or don't care about anymore.

Believe it or not folks, for every OC'er here there are probably 20 People out there that don't care one bit about OC'n but do care what is being put into their Boards or what's being left out. and I would venture to guess that out of those same people 90% of them game to some extent and would love to have things like WiFi, BlueTooth, BlueTooth ROG Connect, MSATA/MPCI to enhance their computers for all kinds of thing other than OC'n.... I guess on these forums I'm the lone Voice for them...and I've tried in all sorts of ways to remind DEAF People that there are a LOT of others around that do care about these other things.

I've said it before....What happened to these forums that GAMERS went out and got replaced by ONLY OC'ers???? wheres the Gaming left in Republic of Gamers now????

Man your so right!!! Gamers should post but yet the true Gamers left when it all became about O/C'ing and were and are still ignored! If you go to the main Asus site and look at AMD/Intel line ups, Intel boards are 20/1... That's just sad! When they release Intel boards they give you a few building to their best boards with all the features (ROG) and even some what often. But when they release AMD's Lineu<<<<<< Wait, there's no lineup, it's only 1 board O-o with some features ... When was the last Special Edition (A+) AMD board put out, Oh that's right, there never was one...