cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G53SW lags when I play pockie ninja or any flash games! and about screen resolution

Retired
Not applicable
G53SW lags when I play pockie ninja or any flash games!

Hi All,

I just want to ask for some help because my laptop is lagging too much by just playing any flash games I'm tried using firefox and google chrome on playing pockie ninja to be exact.

do you guys know any tweaks or settings that I should do to solve this problem?

Btw I just bought this laptop a month ago here in Qatar and I was wondering if I was ripped off because the LCD screen is only around 1300 x 750 or something and all the other models the I read on this forum is like 1920 x 1080 resolution.?

Thanks! 🙂
15 REPLIES 15

Cyrekk
Level 10
Did you by any chance happen to reformat the machine and reinstall windows?
New member? Introduce yourself here, learn a little of what we are about here, and refer to some simple rules here.
Though typically not required or enforced, here is a list of guidelines on proper forum etiquette.
[Work in progress]
The Crosshair GENE will come! - Show your support HERE!
SYSTEM SPECS

Retired
Not applicable
yes I did I changed it to windows 7 ultimate... any suggestion on what should I do??

Cyrekk
Level 10
I would ensure that you have all the most recent up to date drivers installed before doing anything else. If your max resolution is below native, then you are at the very least missing your DA driver. This is assuming of course that you have the legit notebook and not a rip off, but for now we will go on the assumption that you are working with the real deal here.

So get all the drivers up to date for your machine and see if your problems persist, then let us know how it goes so we can move forward from there.
New member? Introduce yourself here, learn a little of what we are about here, and refer to some simple rules here.
Though typically not required or enforced, here is a list of guidelines on proper forum etiquette.
[Work in progress]
SYSTEM SPECS

Retired
Not applicable
the native resolution is only 1366 x 768 its got nothing to do with the driver i guess....maybe before the guys selling this model changed the screen before selling it or something?? or are there models of g53sw with this type of screen resolution?...

anyway dude...any other suggestion on how to tweak or something to make running flash games faster on this laptop??

Btw I always put firefox on safe mode because it runs slow if i dont on what ever task I do with firefox.. any clues why??

Thanks!

Cyrekk
Level 10
...Where does it say that is your native resolution?
[Work in progress]
SYSTEM SPECS

Retired
Not applicable
on the desktop I press right click > screen resolution and that's it there's also only 4 resolution settings 1366 x 768, 1280 x 720, 1024 x 768 and 800 x 600... are there any other models of g53sw with this type of monitor??

Cyrekk
Level 10
Forgive me if I am assuming too much, but your proper resolutions will not show up in your display options if you haven't installed your drivers for the display adapter. Can you confirm that you have the proper and up to date drivers installed for your notebook? Also make sure that windows update has done it's thing to the max, I have had driver updates fail in the past because of neglecting windows update!
[Work in progress]
SYSTEM SPECS

Retired
Not applicable
what are you assuming dude?
I just finished updating windows.
what it says as its native resolution even before I changed the OS to Ultimate.... If I go to nVidia control panel that's what it also says.
is there something I'm missing here? I think that really is the max resolution I just asked if I've been ripped off b'coz most of the threads here that I see they have 1920 x 1080 and why do I only have a 1366 x 768 monitor.

And if so what can I do about it send it back to where I purchased it?? any suggestions?

BTW I feel like that the game I play (pockie ninja) improved when I updated my graphics card.

and also thanks for your time on replying to me I really appreciate it.

xeromist
Just out of curiousity does the Flash performance differ in Internet Explorer? I don't normally use it either but it's a decent test when you have problems. Another thing that sometimes helps is to go into the browser's configuration settings and disable hardware acceleration. In the case of a mobile setup you may not want to use the hardware acceleration unlike a desktop computer. It's worth a try.

You should be able to tell if you are working at native resolution or not, regardless of what the display properties says. Native resolution is perfectly crisp and lower res is noticeably fuzzy. If 1366 x 768 and 1280 x 720 both have the same amount of fuzziness to them then 1366x768 is not your native. If 1366x768 is perfectly crisp then that is the panel's native res.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…