Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: New Drivers?

ROG Enthusiast Array

JFYI - a new driver install (8.0.1.29) under Win 8.1 does NOT WORK! An error message states that an ASUS Phoebus was not installed in the system (while the OS driver makes the card work on a basic level). Hopefully we will see new drivers soon. To prevent misunderstanding: there was no change of hardware whatsoever, just an update from Win 8 to 8.1 and an attempt to fix the Dolby driver error message by reinstalling the driver completely.
    Last edited by CSF@ROG; 10-17-2013 at 02:33 PM.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Well, that was kind of.....expected...sadly.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Can confirm that Windows 8.1 64 PRO w/ Media Center will ask to disable the device because of a lack of compatibility and errors generated.

Welcome to the wonderful world of $200 paperweights.

ROG Member Array

i got mine to work

Quote Originally Posted by CSF@ROG View Post
    JFYI - a new driver install (8.0.1.29) under Win 8.1 does NOT WORK! An error message states that an ASUS Phoebus was not installed in the system (while the OS driver makes the card work on a basic level). Hopefully we will see new drivers soon. To prevent misunderstanding: there was no change of hardware whatsoever, just an update from Win 8 to 8.1 and an attempt to fix the Dolby driver error message by reinstalling the driver completely.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by b1ackf0x View Post
    i got mine to work
    Nice! Tell us how please.

ROG Member Array

i installed a program called slimdriver it installed out of date drivers which did the trick

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

It's sad because i just ordered a new rig (wanted to go with creative this time, but my wallet said no ) and i was hesitating which license to use (i have a boxed win7 home i can reuse and a win8 pro bought for cheap)...

ROG Enthusiast Array

I need to research this program first. I don't allow those type of programs on my system as they usually mess up all types of things. But thank you for the response!

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Glasofruix View Post
    It's sad because i just ordered a new rig (wanted to go with creative this time, but my wallet said no ) and i was hesitating which license to use (i have a boxed win7 home i can reuse and a win8 pro bought for cheap)...
    Just save your money and in no time you can purchase what you want. Don't settle for second class equipment.

http://www.razerzone.com/surround This sounds really great with onboard sound but you'll miss the headphone amp on the Phoebus.
    Last edited by Cageymaru; 10-17-2013 at 04:21 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Well a good thing that has occurred is that you can listen to XBOX Music without editing your registry if you let Windows 8.1 kill Dolby Digital, enable DTS II and use Music Mode. I don't see how to enable 7.1 mode now though in the Win 8.1 control panel. 7.1 mode is important for some games and trying to get the surround to sound right. Maybe I'm missing it. Trying to avoid the XEAR crap. Sorry if I offended anyone.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast